PDA

View Full Version : new viking mitts?

Pages : [1] 2

wizardofahs
03-08-2003, 06:23 PM
Anyone know about this? I went to pick up a new wash mitt (so i could wash my new paint) and was dissapointed when i didn`t see the viking 100% cotton mitts... then i realised they were there, just with a different packaging. I`m wondering if there was a product change with the new package. Anyone tried them yet? It still had the cotton logo on it and says 100% and feels soft so i think they will be ok. I`ll know when i was my car.

samiam513
03-08-2003, 06:30 PM
i bet it is just a packaging change. Kinda like coke bottles. They look diff every couple years.

tkr128
03-08-2003, 06:37 PM
Yep, just a packaging change. I have both and they feel, look and are exactly the same. :xyxthumbs

Pats300zx
03-08-2003, 07:40 PM
I was under the impression that the new Viking wash mitts were NOT 100% cotton. I was told this by Viking when I called and asked after purchasing them in a retail store.

I guess I can always buy one and do a burn test. The ones I had purchased before failed..

crooper
03-08-2003, 08:12 PM
mine failed the cd test and they were brand new. these were the ones with the cotton logo on the older package. the store also sold a lesser expensive viking wash mitt that i assumed was the one that swirled.

debric
03-10-2003, 09:29 AM
We did change the packaging and we still do make the synthetic and the100% Cotton Chenille Mitt. The 100% Cotton Chenille Mitt is only available in a few outlets.

As to the CD test, I would be willing to bet under "lab conditions" the 100% cotton mitt could hang with the best Micro Fiber or cotton towel on the market. Call me biased but a majority of our products are sent to a testing facility before they are even considered for the market.

forrest@mothers
03-10-2003, 09:34 AM
Just check the part # on the package - the 100% Cotton Chenille mitt is part # 31228, and the UPC code is 75182-09903.

wizardofahs
03-10-2003, 01:27 PM
one thing i noticed using it was that it didn`t start falling apart. The other ones i bought a while ago started having strings of cotton come undone in the inside... this one held fine.

Spilchy
03-10-2003, 09:03 PM
woohoo! Got some 100% Cotton Vikings! With the help of a PM from a fellow Autopian, I found them at Kragen in California. Since I`m in NJ and can`t find them ANYWHERE, I had my bro who lives in CA pick up 4 of them and mail them to me. AND, he treated me to them! Strands are real long and plush and more importantly they passed the burn test. They burned up into nothing and left no residues.

imported_Page
03-18-2003, 06:11 PM
Their site is not up yet. But I bet that Viking will offer these mitts in an on line store. We`ll have to wait and see.

http://www.vikingcarcare.com/

debric
03-19-2003, 11:13 AM
The site will be up shortly. After the initial launch an on-line store will be incorporated quickly so as to appease the demand for the 100% Cotton Mitt and to offer super premium, web exclusive, products that we know no retailer would ever take.

Viking has been granted permission from Cotton Inc. to use their bowl trademark on numerous items, some of which you can currently buy and some that we are saving to unveil. This permission is only granted after numerous samples have been tested and approved. Cotton Inc. is very strict when it comes to the use of their logo and they ensure with random testing that you are adhering to the contract. So rest assure when you see the bowl on any Viking product that it is indeed 100% cotton.

ashsarna
03-19-2003, 11:23 AM
VIKING,

I am estatic:bounce !! keep us updated on when the online store will be up. You will get a large inflow of business.

Ryan
03-20-2003, 08:22 PM
I like Viking. Although not all there products are 100% cotton as the package says. For example, after a burn test of their diapers Ifound that the fibers burn to a black clump whcih suggest other materials than cotton. But on their hand towel size "detailing" towels burn down to an ash which is usually cotton.I dont know if that burn test is real or not but that is what I found.

Ryan

llbts1
03-20-2003, 11:56 PM
Ryan, the same thing happened on my 100% cotton wash mitt. I took it back. Larry

debric
03-21-2003, 09:34 AM
Concerning the burn test could you please clarify what exactly you are burning? Are you setting the entire mitt / towel ablaze? Or are you picking out a single chenille thread and setting that on fire? Please let me know. Thanks.