PDA

View Full Version : Just finished my wife`s car

loancoach
03-08-2003, 05:31 PM
I just got in from detailing my wifes car. Its been about a year since any wax has been put on it. I know I know thats a bad thing but I just found this board recently. Anyway its a Silver 2001 Hyundai Elantra. It looks great but not perfect. Here is what I did.

Exterior:

Wash with Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo and MF Mitt

Dry with MF Towel

Clean Glass with Eimann Fabrik Glass Cleaner and Cobra Cloth

Cleaned paint with Pinnacle Paintwork Cleanser (suprisingly clean)

Waxed with Pinnacle Souervan (I know its really for black/red but SHE was so impressed with it I am getting her the paste glaz).

Dressed Tires with Vinelyx and Tire Swipes

Interior:

Vacuum

Cleaned Glass

Wiped Down all Surfaces with MF Towel

Dressed all surfaces with Vinylex

Car looks 10000% percent better. I took pictures and will be posting them soon.

Some side notes.

1. She helped and did a good job, no complaints or anything.

2. She was impressed with the products I bought.

3. She DIDNT complain :xyxthumbs about the price of the stuff (that amazed me when I told her how much the wax was)

4. Next time I will clay, I definately felt some contamination on the surface, not alot but some.

5. I need to buy more MF towels, I barely had enough and since I have to wash everything wont get MY car done today.

6. My wind sheild is pitted like hell, I may need to "accidently" get a rock thrown through it.

imported_jgv
03-08-2003, 05:52 PM
And you didn`t clayed it? :confused:

loancoach
03-08-2003, 05:56 PM
Next time definately, I thought it was passing the plastic bag test but i checked the whole car (after the paint cleaner) and the bumpers and 1 area on the hood had some rough spots, the other parts felt pretty good