PDA

View Full Version : WRX is Great!

DAC17
03-08-2003, 04:26 PM
Just hand washed and waxed the WRX today (48 degrees in CT, finally!). Some cars really take a beating during the winter (paint chips, dull spots, etc.). This car is flawless, with not that much work. One very small nick in the paint on the driver`s side fender, but otherwise pristine.

What a great choice of car!

Lowejackson
03-08-2003, 04:29 PM
Some pics?

Steven

DAC17
03-08-2003, 04:31 PM
I`d love to, but no digital camera. I guess I`m a Luddite detailer...

Accumulator
03-09-2003, 01:09 PM
DAC17- I just washed OUR WRX yesterday, and yep, they sure weather the winter well! Got a few more chips, but I figure that`s the trade-off with hard paint. Glad you`re happy with your choice, it`s a really good car for the money :xyxthumbs There seem to be quite a few on them on the forum these days :cool:

wizardofahs
03-09-2003, 02:46 PM
Lots of WRXs out here... the biggest complaint i hear is the paint is really chippable. I detailed a black one (with 12k in aftermarket) that had chips behind both wheels and all over the front. It was less than a year old.

Michael H
03-09-2003, 03:17 PM
I have detailed WRXs for a few years now. They are prone to paint chips.

Here is a few pics of Black WRX Limited Edition (Australian Spec): http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=22&cat=500&thumb=1

Alex Creasey
03-09-2003, 07:17 PM
Know what you mean about the paint. It`s like you only have to show Subaru paint a stone and it falls off in front of you! I lived with it for a while, then had pretty much the whole front end resprayed. Money well spent I feel. Have had hardly any chips etc since.

Better than shelling out a small fortune on all these paint protection films and chemical protectants etc. A decent respray looks a whole lot nicer imho.

Cheers.

:cool: