PDA

View Full Version : Which Leather Conditioner is the Dullest

boxsterman
03-07-2003, 08:54 AM
I am soon to be the pround owner of a Porsche Boxster S with natural gray leather interior (this is a charcoal gray and an option higher grade of leather-no urethane coating). I understand that Lexol, Pinnacle, Leatherique and Hide Food are typically recommended on this board. I understand they are all great products.

I do NOT like a shiny look to my leather seats and therefore I am looking for the cleaner/conditioner that provides a warn, satiny look and not a shiny look.

So, which is the dullest?

rd_volvo
03-07-2003, 08:59 AM
Zymol Treat may be the one for you.

bjwebster
03-07-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by boxsterman

I am soon to be the pround owner of a Porsche Boxster S with natural gray leather interior (this is a charcoal gray and an option higher grade of leather-no urethane coating). I understand that Lexol, Pinnacle, Leatherique and Hide Food are typically recommended on this board. I understand they are all great products.

I do NOT like a shiny look to my leather seats and therefore I am looking for the cleaner/conditioner that provides a warn, satiny look and not a shiny look.

So, which is the dullest?

I have used all of those products except Hide Food. I use leatherique because the pristine Clean leaves the mattest look I have ever found from a leather conditioner. I am a freak about my leather having zero shine, and Leatherique has been the best answer so far!

BradE
03-07-2003, 09:05 AM
Of the products you mentioned I would go with Leatherique. The results Leatherique can provide are simply amazing.

DETAILKING
03-07-2003, 09:36 AM
I like Zaino Z10 leather in a bottle. It smells great, and maintains a semi-gloss factory finish.

Some of us use 303 on our leather, including DAVID B. For a low gloss, dampen a foam applicator with water, and spray 303 directly on the applicator. Wipe down the seats / interior, and then buff dry with a MF towel. I have had great results with both these products. I also like a low gloss factory finish.

Lemonxxs
03-07-2003, 10:28 AM
Since your leather will not have the protective finish covering (VINYL)

I would go with the Leatherique.......once or twice a year and in between use their pristine clean.....

Deanski
09-26-2003, 02:59 PM
Here you go: Goodspeed and Leatherique (http://www.goodspeedmotoring.com/subcat.php?man_id=18)

OR: Leatherique website (http://www.leatherique.com)

Regards,

Deanski

Preachers Sheets
09-26-2003, 03:09 PM
Zaino is nice, very low gloss.

I use it on my steering wheel and I feel perfectly safe, it leaves nothing behind.

SamIam
09-26-2003, 03:15 PM
If you like a matte finish, I would try the Einszett Leather treatmet, Lederpflege. I use it on my Audi leather and it works great.

It`s German, your car is German, should work well for your panzerwagen.

;)

markmando
09-26-2003, 03:17 PM
thanks

Deanski
09-26-2003, 05:47 PM
Damn it! I forgot about Lederpflege! And I use it too! I`m looking at the small bottle now. Good stuff!

Also for Leatherique, here`s a link on the how-to with pics!

Leatherique how-to (http://www.germantechnik.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82)

Regards,

Deanski

PAW
09-26-2003, 09:44 PM
For uncoated leather. One word - Leatherique.

huggybear
09-26-2003, 10:02 PM
hrmmm im pretty dull but im not a leather care product.

I like 1z`s leartherpfledge or whatever its called on my wifes car it leaves the seats looking nice. I am going to try out the leatherique not because im not satisfied with the 1z but because there is alot to be said about experimentation and personal preference.