PDA

View Full Version : finally out of zaino... now which product should i try?

Pages : [1] 2

Bluedog
03-07-2003, 04:48 AM
well after over a year ive finally used up my bottle of Z2, Z5, and Z6. Cool thing was that i used them up all on the same day. Even the Z6 i used up the very last possible spray on the last panel! talk about perfect timing.

Anyways, im interested in trying a new product now... I havent been on here for a very long time so i might not know whats the lastest awesome product.

im thinking of either blackfire or klasse as my next main detailing product. which would you recommend more? or is there another new product?

to maybe help fine tune a recommendation, heres some of the main things i currently have:

I already have a range of 3m products (mostly surface prep like smr and rubbing compound), clay bars, a wide selection of meguiars stuff, pinnacle souveran paste and ppcl, gold class and zaino shampoo, wet sanding tools, and the usual detailing tools like mf towels, PC, brushes, etc.

With what i currently have, what do you think i should try? Thanks in advance!

ultrajim49
03-07-2003, 05:05 AM
Welcome back again:up

I`d say you`ve got what you need ...

to start with:D

Blackfire or Klasse, you can`t go wrong with either of them.

These days a very popular product seems to be S100(or PS21 , wich is the same as S100 but cheaper) on top of klasse or Blackfire.

Happy detailing

:wavey

Christiaan

Neb
03-07-2003, 06:06 AM
hey Ng, good to see you`re here too :)

I`ve been debating with myself over which one to go with (even though I just recently was in an accident....) I was thinking of trying out klasse, since chris (aka po0p on po.com) already tried BF, the results were good, but I want to try something that nobody locally has tried, so i`m going klasse ;)

I`m eventually going to try klasse + BFII + s100, I think that should give a pretty good result :D

ssmokn
03-07-2003, 07:57 AM
I`m a Zaino user too but I`m less than impressed with its longevity on my daily drivers.

Based on information I have read here I have decided to try Klasse AIO followed by Klasse SG (2 coats) follwed by a pure carnuba (I`m going to use Blitz wax).

I`m using Blitz wax alone on my daily driver now and I`m very impressed with the durability of this wax. I`d like to strip the wax and get the Klasse on as a base protective coat and then use the Blitz on top as the "sacrificial" finish. I figure a coat of Blitz every 3 months and maybe do the whole car over once a year (Klasse and Bitz).

We`ll see how it works out. I`m still waiting for the Klasse.

imported_memnuts
03-07-2003, 09:10 AM
You might want to look into the new Resin Sealant with carnuaba (EX) from Poorboys. Very similiar to BF II but a whole lot easier to use and can be topped with your Pinnacle Souveran and pre-cleansed with your PPCL. I love my appearance results so far and just started a durability test without a topper on my daily driver. Appears to be a winner. Easy on, easy off, depth, wetness, slick and good reflectivity ( similiar to Zaino). Give Steve (Poorboy) a PM to see if EX is available yet. If you love Zaino`s gloss you will love EX`s appearance. Gloss and depth (carnuaba-like).

Also read this review from several pre-production testers of Poorboy`s EX.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19663

Here is a picture of EX without any topper on a 8 year old garaged vehicle after extensive prep prior to EX.

SOOOO many choices and all good. BFII, EX, Klasse, Platium or just continue with Zaino. Face it. Eventually you will have to try them all anyways ;).:wavey

F150BOB
03-07-2003, 10:23 AM
Try Klasse. That`s what I`m going to do next. I`m not real impressed with the Blackfire, but the Klasse I`ve seen has been real nice.

BOB

Neb
03-07-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by F150BOB

Try Klasse. That`s what I`m going to do next. I`m not real impressed with the Blackfire, but the Klasse I`ve seen has been real nice.

BOB

was it BF2? what were you not so impressed about? i`m curious, b/c i`m still debating :D

Bluedog
03-07-2003, 12:35 PM
thanks for the welcomings and all the responses so far! Ive never heard of this Poorboy EX nor Platinum... gota do some research on those first. Who makes Platinum anyways?

but as for now i think im leaning more towards Klasse and top it with my souveran or maybe buy a can of blitz or ps21. I guess I feel more comfortable with Klasse because of its long lasting recommendations by satisfied users even after all these yrs where as Blackfire first came out and wasnt that great. even with BF2 i still feel a bit skeptical. Anyone try that new Menzera product with Klasse?

i still welcome any recommendations!

shaf
03-07-2003, 02:40 PM
If I were in your shoes I would try to be adventurous and try one of these:

-BF II

-Platinum

-Einszett

The last two don`t get very much coverage or feedback as Klasse or even BF so I`d lean in that direction. :wavey

imported_Tony
03-07-2003, 03:06 PM
Did someone give jngrbrdman the day off?

Anyway he likes to Use Klasse AIO,Sg and then alternating Sg and Platinum.

AIO is easy to use and can be used with your PC.

SG takes a little patience. Use very little product and let it dry over night and then use the two towel method to buff ( one damp and then follow with one dry).

I have not used the Platinum.

The fun begins!!!

Gadfly
03-07-2003, 03:21 PM
Before you make your final decision, research "UPP" and "Quick Shine." Or, if you will, "Platinum" and "Clearkote." This is really good stuff!

I have three coats of UPP with Clearkote Quick Shine as the last application. Whoo Boy! Great shine. Fantastic slickness. Superlative look on my black Santa Fe,

Bluedog
03-11-2003, 01:31 AM
after doing some more reading on old posts here, i think im leaning more towards the Poorboys EX now. It seems like BF2 is good but just slightly below Klasse in the general recommendation field. However, i was turned off by klasse after reading that its highly recommended to leg SG dry over night (somthing i just dont have the time for). One of the thingsi liked about zaino is its ability to finish it all in one day with ZFX. EX on the other hand seems to provide ease of application, great shine and depth, ability to finish all in a day, and (from reading posts not sure if fact) i can layer the EX on top of my souveran or other carnubas because EX is partly carnuba based! the thought of layering carnubas in between polymer like products sound very interesting to me.

So this is why im leaning more towards EX though the fact that its still new and durability hasnt really been tested thoroughly yet... not to mention its not official out for sale yet.

But still need to do some more research... any input is still welcomed!

AlphaSpread
03-11-2003, 02:10 PM
Ng Luder,

They are offering Platinum sample kits over at premiumautocare.com for 5.50 (after shipping). You can also get a Klasse sample kit over at Yosteve.com. Since whatever you end up purchasing is going to last you another year again, you might want to consider getting these samples instead of `committing` yourself to a single product line. I love Zaino, but there is no way in hell that I could use it exclusively for an entire year. BTW, both of these products work great as a base for your Souveran or any other wax. Platinum also underwent a few reformulations like BF to fix durability problems some ppl were having.

Or you can just do what I do and buy full bottles of every product mentioned here. :D

Nick T.
03-11-2003, 03:05 PM
Ng Luder,

For the past couple of weeks I’ve been playing with Klasse, Blackfire, and Platinum on top on multi-layer Zaino. A day or two ago I decided on Platinum for the entire car. Klasse didn’t give me quite as good a shine, Blackfire looked great, but left an oily film that was very visible on my black paint. Platinum looked as good as BF2, but with almost no oil, and it tops very well with Souverän.

Also, I think that I prefer Platinum Ultimate Paint Pre-Cleaner over P21S GEPC, but the jury is still out on that.

Have fun with whatever product(s) you choose!

imported_memnuts
03-11-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Nick T.

Ng Luder,

For the past couple of weeks I’ve been playing with Klasse, Blackfire, and Platinum on top on multi-layer Zaino. A day or two ago I decided on Platinum for the entire car. Klasse didn’t give me quite as good a shine, Blackfire looked great, but left an oily film that was very visible on my black paint. Platinum looked as good as BF2, but with almost no oil, and it tops very well with Souverän.

Also, I think that I prefer Platinum Ultimate Paint Pre-Cleaner over P21S GEPC, but the jury is still out on that.

Have fun with whatever product(s) you choose!

That is what is so good about Poorboy`s EX. Slightly better in depth and gloss than BFII ( great stuff if it worked for you:up ) but no residual (oil or dust), fantastic slickness and can be topped with anything ( P21S, Blitz, Meg Gold, Souveran). Also prep decisions seem to be also very wide open - IHG,GEPC/SEPC, PPCL, Meg #7 and #9, Vanilla Moose. I have also used several QD`s without any problems - Quick Shine, Mother`s, Duragloss, Z6 and Meguiar`s.:xyxthumbs :wavey