PDA

View Full Version : best glaz/polish to use with a PC

Bluedog
03-07-2003, 04:41 AM
Im typically a zaino fan but i have some megs gold class wax left over from long ago and would like to use it up on my sisters black IS300.

Im planning to start with the typical 3m rubbing compound with wool pad, then 3m smr with white pad. But what product should i use to polish/glaze up the paint with a PC before applying a carnuba wax? Im asking because ive never needed to polish with zaino so dont have much expeirence with this step.

Thanks in advance!

BlkonBlk
03-07-2003, 11:15 AM
I personally have just begun using Mother`s Sealer and Glaze and have had very nice results with it. However, to get a better overall answer you might take a look at this thread on glazes. (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16839)

:xyxthumbs

Thomasfl
03-07-2003, 12:39 PM
I have a gray graphite IS300 and have detailed a few other IS300`s. First off the car can`t be more than three years old, is it really damaged enough to use a compound with a wool pad. I would think unless it is terrible that you can do a lot with SMR for dark cars with a yellow pad. Maybe try DACP or Meg`s Medallion Cleaner before the SMR if you need to. Lexus has a "soft" paint. I have had great results using #7 with a PC on IS300s I follow up with S100 or #26. I have done an interesting experiment with the GC wax, I mix a few drops on a pad with the #26 and it seems to add just a little more gloss. Could just be me or me trying to use a product I bought in a kit that I got super cheap from Target.

Bluedog
03-07-2003, 12:40 PM
very good link there, seems the majority votes for #7 or mothers S/G. thanks!:xyxthumbs