PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Griot`s Garage products ?

beabout
03-06-2003, 07:11 PM
Got their "Garage Handbook" and was reading through the product descriptions.

Machine Polish in 3 grades

Speed Shine

Best of Show Wax

to name a few....

I am considering purchase and would like input on the quality, effectiveness and cost vs results any of you may have....

Thanks in Advance

Beabout

Pats300zx
03-06-2003, 07:21 PM
Speed Shine is a pretty decent QD. I have also used some of their undercarriage spray and I really like it. I have used some of their MF towels as well but I think some of the other MF manufacturers (ie Pakshak, etc) are much better.

ssmokn
03-06-2003, 09:03 PM
I used them a couple of years ago.

I found that it took too long for delivery (west coast to east), their sales reps. didn`t know their products. The products were expensive. I liked the Best of Show wax and under carriage spray. I think their QD was fair (terrible in the sun at a show). Their bottles tend to break at the neck in my experience.

There are much better polishes from Meguiars, 3M and others.

They do package the products well but generally their stuff is way overpriced.

shaf
03-06-2003, 09:13 PM
I suggest doing a TITLE search for "griots". There`s been some more recent discussion about their stuff that I recall.

GP Infinity
03-06-2003, 10:20 PM
I happen to like Griots...they are like anyone else in that it is always buyer beware.. but the stuff they sell usually does what they say it will. They also give you an unlimited lifetime warranty with everything they sell. If you buy something and dont like it, they take it back no questions asked.. I love their sprayers and bottles. Their wheel cleaner is superb. I think their QD is as good as anything else out there, I also think it has a bit more carnauba than the others but again this is MO... you can order by phone 24/7 and they email the UPS tracking # as soon as it ships. I have moved from Best of Show wax to S100 due to price and the ease of removal, however, it should be noted that on a prior post someone listed which wax different people used at a very prestigous concours event and Best of Show won the event. I like their carwash but have bought some more Zymol that was on clearance.. I am not tied to them but do like most of what they sell.

Good Luck

Dana

Accumulator
03-07-2003, 12:57 PM
beabout- I`m a BIG Griot`s fan, but there are a lot of their products where...well, you can do better. As 4DSC said, this one`s worth doing a search on. I know I`ve gone on and on about how great their boar`s hair brushes are, and other products of theirs that I do/don`t like. Quick comments, just my $.02:

Boar`s hair brushes (NOT the flow-through)= good; MF`s=bad: machine polishes=OK, but others are better; BOS wax=bad; Car Wash= VERY GOOD; Speed Shine=good; Wheel Cleaner=good; Interior Cleaner=good; customer service=VERY GOOD; prices=bad.

Additional disclaimer: bad=not so hot, not really bad. Ease of ordering, ability to follow handbook, and lifetime guarantee ARE worth something.