PDA

View Full Version : QuickShine over Zaino?

Zealot
03-05-2003, 10:24 AM
Has anyone ever used the QuickShine QD over Zaino? I did a search but nothing useful showed up. With "winter" basically over here in SW FL, I`m going to put Zaino on my car since the heat will melt S100 right off the black paint:rolleyes: But while I love the look of Zaino, I really don`t like how finicky Z6 is. I want to use QuickShine on top of the Z2 since it can be used in full sun, like at car shows. I`m just wondering if there are any compatibility issues. Thanks for any info/afvice.

imported_memnuts
03-05-2003, 10:27 AM
Clearkote`s QuickShine has not alcohol, silicones or carnuaba. I would not hesitate to use on Zaino if I was still using Zaino. I do not see any incompatibilty problems.:wavey

DETAILKING
03-05-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Clearkote`s QuickShine has not alcohol, silicones or carnuaba. I would not hesitate to use on Zaino if I was still using Zaino. I do not see any incompatibilty problems.:wavey

No alcohal huh? I find that interesting......

Anyhow, what do you find finicky with Z6? What application technique are you using?

AlphaSpread
03-05-2003, 01:26 PM
I`ve used QuickShine & several other QD`s on Zaino with no problems at all. In fact, if you`re asking about what to use specifically while at a car show in direct sunlight, QuickShine might very well be the ONLY product you can use, as Z-6 doesn`t work very well on a hot surface. However, on cool surfaces I consider Z-6 easier to use than QuickShine.

Posted by DK:

"No alcohal huh? I find that interesting...... "

Yeah, I`ll only be convinced when I see the MSDS on it. Otherwise, I tend to "tune-out" marketing claims.

Zealot
03-05-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by DETAILKING

No alcohal huh? I find that interesting......

Anyhow, what do you find finicky with Z6? What application technique are you using?

I was at a car show and arrived after the sun had just gone down. I sprayed my towel with 2 light mists of Z6 and used that to do my hood and front fenders. The next day, in bright sun I could see streaks all over the place:mad: It might have been the way I was doing it, but I think the hot paint had a lot to do with it.:nixweiss Don`t get me wrong, I love the look, feel and smell of Zaino products, but I can`t deal with the smearing - it`s like having a tiny piece of food between two back teeth that you work for hours at until it`s gone:rolleyes: , in other words - it drives me nuts:eek:

Dave