PDA

View Full Version : GEPC vs Moosewax glaze/polish.. which one to get?

WS6Fury
03-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Which one of these products should I get to use after SMR, I am really debating on either of them. The GEPC I can get from CMA with the rest of my order from there, but which would work better, or give better results. I will probably use a very good carnumba wax afterwards, or start the zaino process.

Which one??

imported_memnuts
03-05-2003, 10:36 AM
You would be a winner with either product. For what they do, cleanse and mild polish, I feel Vanilla Moose is slightly better all around product. It has a very slightly better cleansing ability.

All in all it would be a draw. I would be completely happy with either one if I only could have one. But as I mentioned in a previous post that I use both.:wavey

Thomasfl
03-05-2003, 11:48 AM
what about the gloss on vanilla moose, how does that compare to GEPC and how does it compare to a polish like #7.

HellrotCi
03-05-2003, 01:15 PM
I don`t know about #7, but I have used the S100 version of GEPC and Moose Wax. Based on my initial impressions, Moose Wax has a slight edge over GEPC in the shine department. When it comes to the way your paint feels after application, Moose Wax is way ahead of GEPC. This is not to say GEPC doesn`t leave your surface slick because it is one of the best products you can get. It just seems to me that Clearkote has raised the bar to new heights when it comes to shine, gloss and the way it leaves the surface so slick.

I`ve just started using the Clearkote stuff so I`m anxious to see if my initial impressions hold up after a few months of use.

WS6Fury - Since you`re ordering from CMA anyway, get the GEPC, it`s great stuff. :up

Thomasfl
03-05-2003, 02:19 PM
Hellrot I just want to make sure I understand you perfectly. Are you referring to Vanilla Moose or Moose Wax. I am thinking you meant the VM. Have you had any experience with apply S100 over the VM.

HellrotCi
03-05-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by thomasfl

I am thinking you meant the VM.Yeah, it gets confusing when 2 products are kind of named alike, Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze and Moose Wax. Anyway, you`re right, I was taking about VM. I VM`d and MW`d my wife`s car last night just to see how it looks. I haven`t put S100 wax over VM yet, but give me 30 minutes and I get back to you on that.

edit: Ok, I applied S100 to half of my wife`s car. After I did one of the doors I stood back and tried to see any differences between the VM/MW door and the VM/MW/S100 door. I got out a paint can with some bright text on it and looked at its reflection from both doors. The differences were pretty minor. The VM/MW side seemed to be a little darker than the VM/MW/S100 side. The clairity of the reflection was the same on both doors. From this prospective the two products are a tie.

The next thing I did notice is S100 is a little easier to apply and remove. How much easier? Well, it`s kind of like I find it easier to first put on my shirt then my pants if I`m going to tuck in my shirt rather than putting on my pants, having to hold them up while I put on my shirt and tuck it in. It`s a little easer to use S100 but not much. This test gives the edge to S100.

The other test I did was how the surface felt between the two. S100 and Souveran for that matter, have always left the surface with a satin smooth feeling and very slick. I mean I enjoy just rubbing my fingers over a fender after I`m done waxing with either of these two waxes. VM/MW leaves the surface feeling slippery smooth. Kind of like the surface was covered in oil, although you don`t create or leave any finger prints. Based on this test the two products, IMO, are still tied.

I think the main advantage ClearKote products have over all other products is their ability to be used in direct sunlight. For mobile detailers that could be a big edge.

Which products will I use, both. Like a lot of products available, no one product is best for every situation you run into.

imported_Faceman
03-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Can you buy moose stuff in auto-care stores in the US?

Sounds like something else to add to my list when I visit in October.

I`m gonna be buying so much stuff, it`s untrue... even if I do have to pay duty when I get back to England!

Cheers,

Face

WS6Fury
03-05-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by HellrotCi

edit: Ok, I applied S100 to half of my wife`s car. After I did one of the doors I stood back and tried to see any differences between the VM/MW door and the VM/MW/S100 door. I got out a paint can with some bright text on it and looked at its reflection from both doors. The differences were pretty minor. The VM/MW side seemed to be a little darker than the VM/MW/S100 side. The clairity of the reflection was the same on both doors. From this prospective the two products are a tie.

The next thing I did notice is S100 is a little easier to apply and remove. How much easier? Well, it`s kind of like I find it easier to first put on my shirt then my pants if I`m going to tuck in my shirt rather than putting on my pants, having to hold them up while I put on my shirt and tuck it in. It`s a little easer to use S100 but not much. This test gives the edge to S100.

The other test I did was how the surface felt between the two. S100 and Souveran for that matter, have always left the surface with a satin smooth feeling and very slick. I mean I enjoy just rubbing my fingers over a fender after I`m done waxing with either of these two waxes. VM/MW leaves the surface feeling slippery smooth. Kind of like the surface was covered in oil, although you don`t create or leave any finger prints. Based on this test the two products, IMO, are still tied.

I think the main advantage ClearKote products have over all other products is their ability to be used in direct sunlight. For mobile detailers that could be a big edge.

Which products will I use, both. Like a lot of products available, no one product is best for every situation you run into.

How does Moose Wax act as a protectant compared to the other known used waxes on this board? Will it look and protect as well as say zaino or p21, AIO etc etc???

Scottwax
03-05-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by WS6Fury

How does Moose Wax act as a protectant compared to the other known used waxes on this board? Will it look and protect as well as say zaino or p21, AIO etc etc???

I get a good 3 months of beading on my customer`s cars with either Moose Wax or S100-but then again, the Dallas area doesn`t really get acid rain or industrial fallout and I keep good track of when I wax my customer`s cars and try to make sure they get them done every 3 months, so if Moose Wax lasts even longer, I don`t know because I haven`t let anyone go past 3 months-but the paint is still beading at that point. Clearkote`s website recommends rewaxing every 90 days.

I have to agree with HellrotCi`s impressions of Clearkote vs. S100-they are so close you can consider them interchangible. The main advantage that S100 Paste Wax has over Moose Wax is it takes less product to wax. I can wax around 20 cars with a pint of Moose Wax and about double that with S100 and since the prices are very close, Moose Wax costs about double per use-but still, overall, it is pretty inexpensive. Vanilla Moose however, it more economical to use than S100 SEC. Cost per ounce is similar, but a 16 oz bottle of VM will polish about 20 cars, while a 12 oz bottle of SEC will polish about 10.

When you use the combination of Vanilla Moose, Moose Wax and then top it all off with Quikshine, you get a finish that is comparible to any high end polish/wax combination I`ve come across. Clearkote products cost a bit more than Meguiars or 3M, but I think it beats both and is worth the extra...and the fact that the results are comparible to S100/S100 SEC or Souveran, that makes them worth the money even more.

Lone Wolf
03-05-2003, 08:49 PM
Has anyone tried SEC with the PC?? Or is it easier to use by hand..

Is it safe to say that SEC is milder than a SMR like #9??

LW