PDA

View Full Version : Woodgrain

Dylansdad
03-05-2003, 07:32 AM
I have a Jeep Wagoneer coming up that needs a MAJOR cleaning and detail..............What do you do with the woodgrain??? This would be a first for me, I have never had to deal with it b4....

Thanks

Lowejackson
03-05-2003, 12:54 PM
I dont know anything about the Jeep but it seems that most wood is coated, so I would use a product like 303 or similar plastic treatment.

Steven

HellrotCi
03-05-2003, 01:48 PM
Since this is a Jeep Wagoneer, are you talking about the fake wood stuff on the outside, aka Faux Woodie? If you are, the wood looking panel is a vinyl paper and the trim around it is plastic. Don`t use anything too harsh to clean it. It`s probably peeling in some places so you`ll want to be careful. I`d just use your regular shampoo and wash mitt. Before you start working on the painted areas apply a generous coating of 303 to the whole area and let it sit. After you`re done with polishing and waxing go back and inspect the wood stuff and if any areas seem dry, apply another coat of 303. Before you`re finished with the whole job, go back and buff the wood stuff to remove any excess 303.

imported_BretFraz
03-05-2003, 03:00 PM
I 3rd the advice above :xyxthumbs

Most any decent water-based dressing works fine. It will wash off in the rain and when you wash the Jeep but will look great after application.

Dylansdad
03-05-2003, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the info..........I was talking about the fake stuff on the outside..........Wish me luck...I might just need it on this one