PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire picts

Pages : [1] 2

jeromet
03-05-2003, 12:13 AM
Hey guys,

These picts are several months old but I figured I would post to the forum anyway. I used #2, #7, and Blackfire polish and sealant. Let me know what you think. I have picked up a lot of tips from this group, you guys rock. :xyxthumbs

jeromet
03-05-2003, 12:15 AM
Here is another.

AMP01
03-05-2003, 12:21 AM
jeromet,

Shiny, Shiny and more shiny! :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs That is one cool looking vette. :bow

I love well detailed red and black cars. They are just so classic and really show a job well done.

Have you ever tried Souveran? I bet Souveran wax with Crystal Mist QD would make your red vette look even more liquid.

Keep up the great work! :up

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

2wheelsx2
03-05-2003, 12:22 AM
Nice work! :xyxthumbs

jeromet
03-05-2003, 12:28 AM
Hey AMP99,

Funny you should mention Souveran, as I am using that now. I have been working with different brands of product chasing that perfect look. I am going to top Souveran with P21S to see how that looks. I will post picts soon as I get some good shots.

billrouleau
03-05-2003, 12:28 AM
Great looking Vette! Very shiny and shimmery. Like AMP99 said, if you have some Souveran, top it off. It may look even better! :xyxthumbs Keep up the good work.

AMP01
03-05-2003, 12:37 AM
Jeromet,

I have been experimenting topping Souveran with P21S and I like it.

I think I like a layer of Souveran applied about once a week topped with a wipe down of Crystal Mist the best. I just really love the deep, wet, liquid look! :D

As I have always said, try all the combinations to see which one you like the best. :xyxthumbs

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

airjames
03-05-2003, 01:02 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :angry :angry :angry

Why is it ppl have such good luck with BF on there cars!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAst yr about 5 months ago, My dad And I got the New Car Kit from CMA for his 2002 Black Grand Prix GT. We didn`t clay at first because we were to chicken$h!t and at the time, applied it even much thinner than paper, but damn, it smeared like putting tire dressing on the paint, sucks!!!!!!

We did everything according to instructions, still, smears, smears, smears!!!!!!!!!!!! SO Terry over at CMA sent us a new bottle of the new Formula of BF. This time we applied it so thin that you could barely see it, still smears everywhere and the suraface was clean and dry. What is going on????? How can we get rid of the smears????????????? Tks all

imported_Aurora40
03-05-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by F-150_91

:mad: :mad: :mad: :angry :angry :angry

Why is it ppl have such good luck with BF on there cars!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAst yr about 5 months ago, My dad And I got the New Car Kit from CMA for his 2002 Black Grand Prix GT. We didn`t clay at first because we were to chicken$h!t and at the time, applied it even much thinner than paper, but damn, it smeared like putting tire dressing on the paint, sucks!!!!!!

We did everything according to instructions, still, smears, smears, smears!!!!!!!!!!!! SO Terry over at CMA sent us a new bottle of the new Formula of BF. This time we applied it so thin that you could barely see it, still smears everywhere and the suraface was clean and dry. What is going on????? How can we get rid of the smears????????????? Tks all

While you can try waiting longer to let it haze, you can try adding water to the applicator, or to the removal towel, you can try QD to help removal, there is one thing that without a doubt will work. Wash the car. This is always my failsafe if Klasse or something isn`t buffing off well (actually, I always wash between SG layers just to be safe). A wash will no doubt remove any excess. So if you just can`t get it, leave it smeary for a week and then wash the car (or wash your clean car right away). :nixweiss

P.S. That`s a great looking `vette!

imported_memnuts
03-05-2003, 08:19 AM
Great looking Corvette Coupe!!! I love that body style.

Blackfire strikes again.:xyxthumbs

Top with Souveran, P21S/S100 or both and you will be:shocked .

Remember that Blackfire QD can not be used with a carnuaba per CMA. :wavey

thevolvoguy
03-05-2003, 08:28 AM
Wow! Nice work, and I LOVE your car.

Theres nothing like a shiny red vette.

Keep up the awesome work! :D

switerajaya
03-05-2003, 11:12 AM
Looking good!! :xyxthumbs Dang it, I`m at work. That pic makes me want to go home and clean up my car. (it`s been raining for a few days, today is clear)

airjames
03-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Tks Aurora40,

I will try that next time we go to do it again. If all works out great, we could throw a second coat on there then use something like Gold Class as the topper:D

jeromet
03-05-2003, 03:18 PM
Hey thanks for all the complements guys! :)

imported_Goose
03-05-2003, 06:20 PM
your C5 looks great looking at your vette makes me miss our pewter coupe