PDA

View Full Version : New to Detailing: Shopping List

aaron77
03-04-2003, 08:21 PM
Hi

I am awaiting delivery later this month of a new black 330ci.

Any suggestions of what I need to get and a regimen to keep it looking. I have rad many posts on this board but just wondered if anyone had a "shopping list" and a proven procedure that they like. Thanks for any suggestions.

samiam513
03-04-2003, 08:26 PM
tip #1. Tell teh dealer to not wash your car. You didn`t pay for swirls, so they shouldn`t give them to you.

Nagchampa
03-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Lots of Microfiber towels

Paint sealant and/or Carnauba Wax (P21S)

Foam pads and tire swipes

Porter Cable 7424 or 7336

303 aerospace protectant

loancoach
03-04-2003, 11:50 PM
I can vouch for not letting the dealer wash your car. I took delivery of a black Hyundai XG350 last month. The weather has been pretty bad around here so I just got a chance to wash it tonight. I was able to wash and examine the car under te sodium vapor lights at the firehouse I volunteer at and let me tell you its swirl city. I would make them deliver it to you with the plastic still on it. It will probably save you 6 hours of work to undo there "dealer prep"

procareman50
03-05-2003, 12:06 AM
Congrats on your purchase shredder....GREAT CAR!!!

My car is silver and I haven`t noticed any dealer swirl after many washes, although they may be there. Your car will certainly show swirls more readily because it is black, but if you follow some of the threads from the experts here on this forum, including minor swirl removal threads, your Bimmer will stay looking great. One tip that I read, a carnauba as your final layer will probably make your car look fantastic since it is black....a few people have told me that a carnauba over a sealant for my silver car may be overkill and a waste of time. I may try it sometime to see if I can tell a difference, but for now, I use the Klasse twins. Have fun with your new toy!!:xyxthumbs