PDA

View Full Version : 100% purely subjective question (Klasse vs. P21S)

schoi
03-04-2003, 06:36 PM
Yeah, that pretty much sums it all up. Very subjective, I know, but I`m curious. I have a black car (as in my sig).

Which would you go with for best looks (in this case, "best" would be brightness + depth, with a bias towards depth):

(a) AIO, SG (layered), P21S (layered)

(b) GEPC, AIO, SG (layered), P21S (layered) (I know that AIO strips GEPC`s oils, but I understand that some people still do see a difference)

(c) GEPC, P21S (layered)

Just curious. :)

(And anxiously awaiting my 7424, which will be arriving next Tuesday. :xyxthumbs )

Jngrbrdman
03-04-2003, 06:48 PM
I`d go with A simply because I don`t see the need to follow up one cleaner with another one. I guess B would be a very close second.

imported_m3driverker
03-05-2003, 01:06 PM
I would tend to agree.

I did B on my car recently. Spectacular!:up

ashsarna
03-05-2003, 01:09 PM
I think a or b, I do both.

AlphaSpread
03-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Polaris

(b) GEPC, AIO, SG (layered), P21S (layered) (I know that AIO strips GEPC`s oils, but I understand that some people still do see a difference)

What`s gonna look better....one application of AIO or two? Some ppl will see a difference when using GEPC prior to AIO because some paints will benefit from a double application of very similar products or the same product.

Jngrbrdman
03-05-2003, 01:35 PM
AIO is pretty much just a cleaner so it doesn`t do much when you layer it. Its not putting down any significant protection that can be layered effectively. The only time I would do more than one coat of AIO would be when the oxidation was so bad that it required it or something like that. I wouldn`t do it for appearance reasons though.

Thomasfl
03-05-2003, 02:23 PM
Polaris,

I would change option C to:

GEPC, #7, Souveran, S100

on black this could be amazing.

AlphaSpread
03-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

AIO is pretty much just a cleaner so it doesn`t do much when you layer it. Its not putting down any significant protection that can be layered effectively. The only time I would do more than one coat of AIO would be when the oxidation was so bad that it required it or something like that. I wouldn`t do it for appearance reasons though.

Ah, but you`re assumming that I said 2 applications of AIO will look better than 1 application of AIO because of layering. Not true at all. 2 applications of AIO will obviously provide a more thorough polishing/cleansing job than one, hence the better shine. It`s prep that`s more important when it comes to shine. Of course, if the car is already in fabulous condition, then you wouldn`t see much difference between one or two applications.

As for "when the oxidation was so bad" situation, using AIO will eventually help, but you`d be better off using something stronger.

Also, don`t forget, Klasse was originally introduced as AIO by itself as an acrylic protectant that had some cleaning ability. It`s not "pretty much just a cleaner" with no significant protection. It`ll give pretty good protection for a good few months. SG was introduced much later on down the road.

schoi
03-05-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by thomasfl

Polaris,

I would change option C to:

GEPC, #7, Souveran, S100

on black this could be amazing.

Hmm, well, that`s an idea. Thing is, in my recent order, no paint products (short of the PC and accessories) were included. We`ll see, I guess! (Actually, I`ve been thinking about reverting to No. 7 (used to use it constantly) topped with P21S. Well, on second thought, maybe not. Hell, I dunno. But thanks for the suggestion!)