PDA

View Full Version : Sunroofs...

Jake11375
03-04-2003, 04:51 PM
Just wondering if any of you touch up your sunroof tracks. I can`t stand the look of a shiny roof, clean glass, and filthy tracks. It just doesn`t fit, but is a total pain to clean. If anyone knows any simple tips to keep this area looking tidy I would appreciate it!

thevolvoguy
03-04-2003, 05:12 PM
It is a complete pain to clean, but unfortunately I havent found a good way to do so without it being a pain. Since you cant exactly use a hose and soap, you just have to get in there with an older rag first and some soapy water, then I usually follow with a QD, and never forget to re-lube the moving parts.

imported_Luster
03-04-2003, 05:17 PM
For all of the areas around the perimeter of the opening, I simply use a MF towel and my favorite Quick Detailer.

The actual metal tracks are the problem area because they have grease in/on them. I just try to keep them as clean as possible by wiping excess off with a terry towel.

After cleaning, I use Mequiars Trim Detailer on the rubber gasket.

If it`s just dusty in the opening, I use a soft detailing brush.

Jake11375
03-04-2003, 05:43 PM
I`ve been using the QD and trim protectant method, but I was hoping there was an easier route. Oh well, I guess some things were just not meant to be simple. :) Thanks for the tips fellas.