PDA

View Full Version : Proof; all spray bottles are not equal

Pages : [1] 2

NattyBumppo
03-03-2003, 11:31 PM
I`ve used the Zep spray bottles from Home Depot for many different products and not had any leaking problems. Two bottles have had Megs APC+, one with a 4:1 diution and one with an 8:1 diution, for many months and no problem. I went out to the garage before to check on something and found my 1/2 full spray bottle with AutoInt Omni APC (10:1 dilution) was leaking from the bottom after only about a month or so of use. The difference? The bottle with Omni was a dollar store special.

So seeing as how the Zep bottles are slightly more than $2.00 at Home Depot it obviously is a waste of time and money to buy the dollar store bottles and have to replace them in a such a short time.

Natty

GP Infinity
03-03-2003, 11:43 PM
I use the bottles and sprays from Griots.. their spray heads are the very best..

IMO of course..

Dana

dr427
03-03-2003, 11:48 PM
Griots are nice:xyxthumbs , and I especially like how the suction tube is extra long and goes all the way around the bottom thus enabling you to get more out than any other bottle I have used!

No more 1/2" waste at the bottom! I will say however the tip does leak some after use. I see 3-4 drips after come out of the tip after I use it for a mist.

GP Infinity
03-03-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by dr427

Griots are nice:xyxthumbs , and I especially like how the suction tube is extra long and goes all the way around the bottom thus enabling you to get more out than any other bottle I have used!

No more 1/2" waste at the bottom!

its the small things that count.. like that..

titus
03-04-2003, 01:28 AM
I`ve got a coupla Home Depot Zeps that I use for `regular` (non-misting) spraying. The Zeps work well for that. :up

chevyguy28
03-04-2003, 03:18 AM
I reuse my Meguiars QD bottles. Best I`ve found so far (misting wise).

Michaelwdes
03-04-2003, 03:59 AM
home depot single bottles, have not tried the 3 packs that are wrapped all together....they seem not as nice as the bigger singles......

dstr8
03-04-2003, 12:29 PM
I too really like the Griots bottles and sprayers. I also use olive oil misters (the kind that you pump air into) for my QD. I have found that I get a very even and fine mist with this.

dcigupt
03-04-2003, 12:36 PM
Where in the store would I find these spray bottles? The stores are so damn big that sometimes trying to find things that are not obvious is a huge PITA.

Thanks!

Ian.

Nagchampa
03-04-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by IanO

Where in the store would I find these spray bottles? The stores are so damn big that sometimes trying to find things that are not obvious is a huge PITA.

Thanks!

Ian.

Check in the garden center.

imported_Kyle
03-04-2003, 01:27 PM
anybody tried spray bottles from Costco?

I just got 4 prof. bottles pack for like $6, seems good, havent really use them yet. I also checked out Homedepot`s one but they had bird`s poop on them so I didn`t even touch..

imported_Aurora40
03-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by NattyBumppo

So seeing as how the Zep bottles are slightly more than $2.00 at Home Depot it obviously is a waste of time and money to buy the dollar store bottles and have to replace them in a such a short time.

Did you ever try the Meg`s bottles? I just got another one for Final Detail with the regular spray head. It sprays very well, almost as misty as the Meg`s Quik Detailer bottle, but you can adjust it. The bottle was $1.70 and the sprayer was $1.45. I think I paid a little more for the chemical resistant sprayer, but that probably isn`t needed with APC+ as much as for the wheel acids or something.

CharlesW
03-04-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by NattyBumppo

found my 1/2 full spray bottle with AutoInt Omni APC (10:1 dilution) was leaking from the bottom after only about a month or so of use.

Maybe ypu might want to give some consideration as to whether or not you want to continue to use AutoInt Omni APC. Eating through a plastic bottle in a months time sounds like some pretty strong stuff.

What is its intended purpose? Does it do anything that Meguiar`s APC+ doesn`t do?

I just checked my Dollar General spray bottle with APC+ at 8:1, and it looks fine. The bottle has been used for APC+ for about 4.5 months.

Charles

Jake11375
03-04-2003, 02:21 PM
I reuse my Meguiars QD bottles. Best I`ve found so far (misting wise).

I agree JustinTRW. I`ve got about 4 of them in my trunk organizer!:up

imported_Jon P. Nusbaum
03-04-2003, 03:12 PM
I use the Costco bottles that come in a 4 pack for like 6 bucks. Have had maybe one leak from the sprayer head, but this was after 8-9 months of weekly use.