PDA

View Full Version : Here`s my plan, please read!

07bsmcrewmax
03-03-2003, 09:57 PM
I noticed the other night after I got through washing my silver car that there were some fine scratches on the surface. I could only see them when the flood light was at certain angles but they are there. I have been using Zaino for the past year with great results. I have a couple layers of Z5 and about 8 layers of Z2. I plan on using some Megs #9 to get rid of the fine scratches followed by the Z.

1.dawn wash,dry

2.Megs #9

3.clay

4.dawn wash again,dry

5.apply Z5 with ZFX

6.Z6 QD

Is this the correct order? Also, I do not own a PC and will be doing everything by hand. Is Megs #9 the best to use by hand or is there something better to se by hand? Thanks in advance for all the help.

JUNNIEIV
03-03-2003, 10:29 PM
I`m by no means an expert or professional at all, but I always thought it would be better to clay after washing... I mean, once you wash and rinse the car, use some of the soap water as a lube for the clay and don`t bother drying since you`re going to basically lube all the parts you`re going to clay anyways... it might be a bad thing to not dry after washing, anyone`s free to correct me on this :nixweiss

imported_BretFraz
03-04-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Mage

I`m by no means an expert or professional at all, but I always thought it would be better to clay after washing... I mean, once you wash and rinse the car, use some of the soap water as a lube for the clay and don`t bother drying since you`re going to basically lube all the parts you`re going to clay anyways... it might be a bad thing to not dry after washing, anyone`s free to correct me on this :nixweiss

You`re right. The process should be:

1. Wash & dry

2. Clay

3. Polish with #9

4. Wash & dry again

5. Zaino

6. Final wipedown

07bsmcrewmax
03-04-2003, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the help. Is the Meg`s #9 a good choice for hand application?

imported_BretFraz
03-04-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by BAMAJAS

Thanks for the help. Is the Meg`s #9 a good choice for hand application?

Yes, its fine.