PDA

View Full Version : got spray paint on my freshly painted bumper

xtreme419
03-03-2003, 07:45 PM
Hey everyone. I need your help. I recently got my car back from the shop. I was painting my mesh grill black, but then i accidently got a little bit of spray paint on my bumper. I was wondering if anyone recommends anything I can use to take it off. Thanks.

-Alex (Newbie)

huangdong28
03-03-2003, 08:26 PM
Suggest using the least aggressive method first and working up, if necessary. Before using any abrasives or chemicals, I suggest you try clay with lubricant. You can research it here, or the quickest, easiest way to find it is Mothers ClayBar System, which comes with a Quick Detailer to use as a lubricant.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Jngrbrdman
03-03-2003, 08:33 PM
I feel your pain, man. I got stupid last summer while painting my calipers and got paint all over my car. Clay is the easiest way to remove it. Mothers or Clay Magic would be my suggestion. prowler was right on with his recomendation. :xyxthumbs

Nagchampa
03-03-2003, 08:39 PM
Use a little bit of thinner on a rag.

xtreme419
03-04-2003, 09:11 PM
i took of most of it except a little tiny spots. anyone else know what i can use ? thanks

Detailing NY
03-04-2003, 09:21 PM
exenit (spl) from stoners, that removes paint

**DO NOT SPRAY IT ON THE BUMPER, SPRAY IT ON A RAG, THIS CAN DAMAGE THE CLEAR ****

Just spray and wipe. Then wash off right away and you should be fine. It will remove the spots with some elbow grease. I have used it before.

I you want to try something a little less harmful, i would suggest using meg`s scratch X, this may also work.

Now that i think about it, i would try the scratch X first since it is a lot safer for your paint.

NYD

xrenchtwistr
03-05-2003, 04:51 PM
i did the same thing...painted something like 10ft from my car, and the wind changes directions and BAM! silver paint on a black car. its hard to see, but mother`s clay didn`t take care of it. and i haven`t done much since, but perhaps SMR or something