PDA

View Full Version : Eagle 1 customer service

Zealot
03-03-2003, 05:10 PM
A few weeks ago I ordered 2 bottles of Eagle 1`s Interior Protectant Lotion. The box showed up with one of the bottles intact, but the other had a hole in it and had puked its contents all over the inside of the box. I called E1 and told them what happened, and they said they`re replace it free. Today a box shows up with the replacement bottle, and a bottle of their "Wax As You Dry" thrown in as well. Just thought I`d pitch this out as a great customer service testimonial.:up

Nagchampa
03-03-2003, 05:32 PM
It`s a noble gesture indeed.:xyxthumbs

imported_Faceman
03-04-2003, 03:39 PM
Not so good in the UK, I`m afraid...

I rang them to ask about carious products, and was told that the Brand Manager would call me back, but he never did.

We always get stiffed in the Uk, one way or another :(

Face

Steve @ Guru
03-04-2003, 03:47 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad experience, Faceman...I think that ever since Valvoline took over Eagle One customer service has taken on more of a "Meguiar`s" tone (inconsistent answers, canned responses, etc).

A good story about Eagle One...

About 15 years ago, I was preparing a 1946 Lincoln Covertible V12 Pace Car for a national show. The car was very rare and was just out of a complete frame off restoration (which I had helped with). The car was about to be put on a trailer and taken to somewhere in California for a National Lincoln Concours event.

I had a bunch of products at my disposal, but wasn`t sure which would work best. All I knew was that the car had to be perfect before it went on the trailer. So, I called Eagle One, desperate for "the right product". Bear in mind, I called the "general 1-800" number for them.

The operator put me through to a tech, who sympathized with my plight. He patched me through to the product manager, who got an engineer on the phone and the three of us figured out a plan for the yellow Lincoln. Eagle One then UPS Next Day Aired me some products to use on the Lincoln. They came in plain bottles, had no fragrance added and worked like a charm. They later told me I was using a new version of their "Sealant Glaze".

They had me apply a coat of SG, buff it off, and then load an applicator with a mixture of SG and their paste wax. I buffed it with a QD dampened towel - it was marvelous. The Lincoln went on to score a 98 out of 100 and won the show...

That was some quality customer service, some that I`ve never experienced ever since. :)

Patrick
03-09-2003, 01:31 AM
Congrats ! Customer service, whether available or not, tells us all a lot about a product and its company. Fortunatley for you, all worked out perfect !

I have to add something about EO.

Ive had a bottle of their wax as you dry in my truck for sometime. I had never tried it until today, doing a maintenance job for a client. I washed and MF`d a Yukon this morning, in the beautiful Calif sunshine, 70 degrees today i might add. I was contemplating putting a coat of BF2 on today, after a AIO last Friday, and I thought i would give EO "WAYD" a shot. A couple squirts per panel, couple sweeps with a cotton towel, and dried with a MF. I have to tell you i was really amazed.....It was like using the best QD possible (never attained that one), X 2 ! It felt like a fresh layer of sealant was added. I know longeveity isnt much of an issue with it, maybe 3-4 weeks if Im lucky. BUt seriously, it beats the pants off a QD, if your washing. For $5.50 as bottle, a great investment.....Way to go EO....:up

imported_jgv
03-09-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Faceman

Not so good in the UK, I`m afraid...

I rang them to ask about carious products, and was told that the Brand Manager would call me back, but he never did.

We always get stiffed in the Uk, one way or another :(

Face

Exactly the same here!:nixweiss