PDA

View Full Version : MF`s that bleed color?

imported_Mobile detail
03-03-2003, 12:41 AM
I know I`ve done this with some cheap t-shirts that will bleed color unless treated. When I wash them, I throw in a little vinegar into the wash.... it helps to set the color in, and ever since that I`ve never had a problem with the colors bleeding.

So....with that said. Could, for the first wash, I take all like colored MF towels and put them through a wash with a little vinegar? Or would this hurt them? I was thinking about stopping by Wal-Mart and picking some up tomorrow, so I thought I`d ask. Thanks.

tiffin72
03-03-2003, 12:52 AM
I highly recommend buying a quality mf from online sources.

I have a pack of those from wal-mart and I must say it isn`t worth the money. I bought bunch from PakShak (just PM him) for less than those wal-mart ones.

Very impressed with the quality.

Save your money.. I use my wal-mart ones for interior cleaning where I`m not worried about scratching.

Accumulator
03-03-2003, 12:05 PM
yyc_tbird_sc- Can`t imagine the vinegar hurting the MF`s any. And yes, some do bleed their color for the first wash or two, but they don`t seem to fade much and the bleeding stops. I`m with Weaver, though, if you`re considering WalMart MF`s (or did you mean you were stopping there for vinegar?), you might be better off with some "better" ones.

imported_Mobile detail
03-03-2003, 02:53 PM
I was thinking about going to Wal-Mart for the MF towels. I live in Calgary, Alberta and have found that by the time I pay for shipping and change US $ into canadian $ it`s almost not worth it to bring in towels. Just in case I do bring some in, the only site I can`t find yet it JT International. Does anyone have the link for it?

Anyways.... Thanks for the suggestions, and I will talk with PakShak about prices.