PDA

View Full Version : Should I purchase GEPC/SEPC?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_NHBFAN
02-28-2003, 10:23 AM
I`ve been using Klasse and P21S on my new truck. So far, I`ve applied Klasse AIO x2, KSG x3, and P21s once.

Should I purchase SEPC? I`ve read it enhances the shine of P21S, but won`t it remove the Klasse?

shaf
02-28-2003, 08:31 PM
If you think you need it, it would be used before AIO. It will remove Klasse. You might want to read some other threads for opinions on this stuff, then decide if you`d like to try it. It sounds good though.

bjwebster
02-28-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

If you think you need it, it would be used before AIO. It will remove Klasse. You might want to read some other threads for opinions on this stuff, then decide if you`d like to try it. It sounds good though.

:xyxthumbs

I love gepc, but it would remove your klasse. Its a great cleaner/glaze, but should be used before your klasse or whatever.

raymond_ho2002
02-28-2003, 10:00 PM
but then wouldnt aio remove the sepc/gepc?

GP Infinity
02-28-2003, 10:01 PM
YES!!!!

but that is just my .02

Dana:xyxthumbs

bjwebster
02-28-2003, 10:03 PM
I learned this from Geekysteve, even if I strip the gepc, it adds a little extra something for that pop.

raymond_ho2002
02-28-2003, 10:24 PM
it seems then that aio and sepc/gepc are substitute products.. Use one or the other..

AMP01
02-28-2003, 10:47 PM
The last time I used a sealant I applied the new PUPP. I detailed my Father`s BMW and it was pretty scratched up. I polished with DACP followed by GEPC/SEPC. I then applied Platinum polish and then PUPP, (Platinum sealant).

Here are a couple of pics before I topped w/ P21S.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2805front_shot_12-27-02_cropped_9x6_for_web-med.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2805left_rear_angle_shot_12-27-02_cropped_9x5_for_web-med.jpg

After I had used the DACP the GEPC/SEPC really added a pop to the paint and left the surface of the paint very slick.

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

bjwebster
02-28-2003, 10:54 PM
AMP,

Those are some great pics. Thats what i am talking about, the gepc adds a litte pop even if you plan on removing the glaze/fillers. I guess its the cleaning and polishing that adds something extra!

CharlesW
02-28-2003, 11:20 PM
Not a long time back, there was considerable discussion on the benfits of using GEPC/SEPC prior to AIO.

As I remember, more than a few people felt that for whatever reason, the GEPC/SEPC used before the AIO, resulted in a deeper looking shine. I don`t think anyone really knew why, it just did. After reading that discussion, I bought some SEPC for just that purpose. Then the snow came.:( When spring rolls around, maybe I will get the chance to find out for myself.

For less than $10, it seemed like it would be worth trying.

Charles

imported_NHBFAN
03-01-2003, 09:29 AM
What a dilemma!

SEPC gives you a better shine, but removes the protection of Klasse.

Steve @ Guru
03-01-2003, 09:33 AM
I disagree with that - the GEPC, in my experience, has next to zero cleaning ability. Heck, it barely, barely scratches or marrs a CD.

I think it`s ok to use GEPC over AIO - everything should be ok. Sorry if there`s any confusion with this bolton or brian; it`s possible I might have said something incorrectly during one of those latenight, 9 cups of coffee later, autopia chats. :)

CharlesW
03-01-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by geekysteve

I think it`s ok to use GEPC over AIO - everything should be ok.

:confused: The thread I recall suggested using GEPC/SEPC before the AIO.

As always, different opinions from different people.

Heck, come spring I will try both ways. (Spring is coming, isn`t it?)

Charles

Steve @ Guru
03-01-2003, 10:06 AM
Agreed - I would use it before AIO as well, but since people were asking if they could use it over Klasse, I figured I`d share that experience as well. :)

bjwebster
03-01-2003, 11:40 AM
Actually Steve, we never discussed it over sealents just under. In my experience, I put gepc and souveran over aio and sg, and that area stopped beading long before the rest of the car. That lead me to believe that the gepc did remove the aio/sg. ymmv