PDA

View Full Version : AIO, SG application w/ PC

schoi
02-28-2003, 08:10 AM
I don`t think I`ve seen a discussion on here about how to apply Klasse with a PC. Or maybe I have and forgot. Anyway:

I know from you guys and David`s video of how to work with things like SMR and a PC (which I will hopefully get next week sometime). Smear it around, start on a lower speed, keep going, speed up as it works itself in, stop just before completely dry / dust-like, and buff. Simple enough.

Is AIO the same way? How would I do that? And SG?

Accumulator
02-28-2003, 10:45 AM
Polaris- I apply AIO and SG with a PC and it works great. Use a polishing pad for the AIO and a finishing pad for the SG. I usually use speeds like 3-4 for this job. Just imagine the PC is your hand, moving very fast. There`s really no special technique. When to stop (or not), for instance, isn`t as critical as it is with polishes. Be careful to put the SG on thin and try not to waste either product. Clean the SG`s pad before it dries.

Jngrbrdman
02-28-2003, 11:09 AM
I`ve used AIO by PC every time for at least the last year. I used to use it by hand till I got the hang of it and then moved right on to the PC. I always use SG by hand though. It doesn`t need to be worked into the car so the speed of a PC doesn`t seem to matter. Removing it with a MF bonnet on a PC seems to work pretty well though. I just can`t imagine that you could apply SG faster with a PC and still use the same amount of product. I don`t think there are any appearance advantages to SG by PC either. Then again, I`ve never used it that way. I`m just going off what people have said about the process. Some of the first directions I got for SG was to apply it in straight lines too. The motion of the PC would use more product that going in straight lines by hand I would imagine. :nixweiss

schoi
03-01-2003, 10:28 AM
Well, thanks, guys.

So... I guess just work with it a little bit... leaving enough to be buffed later sort of thing?

Accumulator
03-01-2003, 11:34 AM
Polaris- You`ll find you quickly get the hang of it. Any problems, just check back.