PDA

View Full Version : Small Spray Bottles

ssmokn
02-27-2003, 01:41 PM
I usually buy larger bottles (1 gallon) of the products that I like and use most (quick detailer, rubber protector etc.).

I`m looking for good small spray bottles in the 8oz to 16 oz size with a quality finger pump (not trigger pump) and a fine spray mist.

I have a couple of small bottles (around 8oz) that originally came with Griots products that I love and I have since reuses.

I have been unable to find bottles like this. Does anyone know of a good source of this type of bottle. I really like to keep a selection of stuff in my trunk but the 24oz. and 32oz. bottles are hard to store and tend to leak unless they are upright.

Thanks.

TortoiseAWD
02-27-2003, 02:06 PM
ssmokn,

Welcome to Autopia! I use pump-aerosol kitchen sprayers as my small bottle for QD . . . convenient, fits in a jeans pocket easily, and the mist is very easy to control. They only hold three or four ounces, though, which may not be enough for what you had in mind.

You can find them at kitchen gadget stores, or Wal-Mart/K-Mart/Target type stores for around $7.

Tort

domZ'sp5
02-27-2003, 02:26 PM
At Target for $9.99. Houseware Dept.

Stainless Steel outside, plastic insides. Pump sprayer like Tort said.

I like it.

Works real well.

Easy to control the amount of product used and accuracy of spray.

Saw the same one at Williams Sonoma for $15.

I use it for QuikShine...

DomZ

imported_BretFraz
02-27-2003, 04:03 PM
The Container Store usually has spray bottles like this. Check their website for locations.

Nick T.
02-27-2003, 04:29 PM
As Bretfraz said, good aluminum misters available at the ContainerStore (http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?PRODID=61392&CATID=253).

http://members.roadfly.com/ntaylor/Bottles-640.jpg

I carry these around so that I can jump out at long red lights for a quick detail touchup!

And no, they don`t fall of when stopping. I brake gently to keep down the brake dust.

Pats300zx
02-27-2003, 08:55 PM
I got some nice 8 oz spray bottles from Griots. They are only $1.00 a piece. They have a great mist.

Bobby G
02-27-2003, 09:33 PM
Nick, Those are nice bottles. How are you doing your labels?

db

Nick T.
02-27-2003, 09:47 PM
The graphics are done in Corel Draw, printed on floppy disk labels, cut out, and then topped with 1 7/8" Scotch package tape.

If you have Corel Draw, <A HREF=mailto:ntaylor@jps.net>email</A> me and I`ll send you the .cdr file for you to play with.

Nagchampa
02-27-2003, 10:25 PM
Nick, you have too much free time on your hands.:p

Great labels.:xyxthumbs

detailbarn
02-27-2003, 10:46 PM
Nick thanks for the tip on the bottles I love them I can`t wait to order some tommorow:D :xyxthumbs :bow

ssmokn
02-28-2003, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the link to The Container Store. Those are nice bottles and I may have to get a few.

I called Griot`s yesterday and they told me they don`t sell the 8oz. bottles empty. Based on the post above I called again today and this rep. said "no problem". It would be nice if they trained their phone reps. appropriate. I ordered 2 dozen bottles from Griots. I love those suckers. Nice sprayers.

The aluminum bottles above are super nice too and I may have to try some at some point.

Thanks agian.