PDA

View Full Version : Need a good Wheel Well Brush......

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Luster
02-26-2003, 10:10 AM
Spring is coming and time for the car-show scene to arrive!

I have been looking for a wheel-well brush with a fairly long wooden handle. I`ve been using a plastic handle brush and its only a matter of time until I bust it off!

Does anyone know where I can buy a really heavy-duty brush?

Lemonxxs
02-26-2003, 10:18 AM
auto part stores & marine supply stores have good selections for local land retailers....

Spilchy
02-26-2003, 10:31 AM
Agreed. You can find them most any place. I like a brush with a long handle so I can use 2 hands. If you`re placing an order for new supplies on the web, you`ll find one there.

imported_Luster
02-26-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Spilchy

If you`re placing an order for new supplies on the web, you`ll find one there.

That`s what I`m looking for is a website to order it from..........

Nagchampa
02-26-2003, 10:40 AM
Check the cleaning section of walmart. The auto stores have a habit of selling the same products for a markup in price.

imported_Luster
02-26-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Nagchampa

Check the cleaning section of walmart. The auto stores have a habit of selling the same products for a markup in price.

Thanks......I`ll check it out.

samiam513
02-26-2003, 11:26 AM
I got a long handled plastic one from Viking. It is thick plastic. I wanted to see how stong it was, so I went outside and hit it against the pole that holds my basketball goal up. The brbush didn`t bend at all. Still in 1 piecee too.

Accumulator
02-26-2003, 11:37 AM
Luster- Check out Griot`s (longer-handled) boar`s hair wheel brush. It works great for (nice) undercarriages and might fit into your wheelwells. Plastic handle, but you`re not gonna break it. Griot`s boar`s hair "detail brushes" work well in wheelwells too, but the handles aren`t too long.

I usually clean my wheelwells out with a Quickie Dish & Glass Mop. Item #106. If your local grocery doesn`t have them, you might try Quickie (www. Quickie.com) . It`s a foam head on, yes, a plastic handle (and it`s none too long..). The foam will wear out before the handle goes. Just replace them frequently, the foam is held on by a loop of metal and if it wears through the foam you could do some real damage. But don`t let that scare you off, the metal is COMPLETELY covered by the foam; I use `em all the time with NO trouble. Just inspect it before each use. They`re cheap enough that you won`t feel bad about frequent replacements.

imported_Luster
02-26-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Accumulator

Luster- Check out Griot`s (longer-handled) boar`s hair wheel brush.

I looked at Griot`s......they have 2 heavy duty long-handle models.......

Thanks.

DETAILKING
02-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Where can you purchase the viking brushes?

samiam513
02-26-2003, 08:52 PM
got mine at k-mart on sale.

Blackmirror
02-26-2003, 10:21 PM
I need to get a good wheel brush that won`t scratch the chrome on my Grand National wheels. Where or what site can I get a good one from?

Accumulator
02-27-2003, 11:50 AM
Blackmirror- IMO, Griot`s boar`s hair wheel brush is exactly what you need. The short handled one works best for wheels, but the long handled one can do double-duty for undercarriage cleaning.

imported_BretFraz
02-27-2003, 12:03 PM
Dang, I can`t believe that some of you haven`t done the most basic web search for detailing tools. There are a zillion places to get these kinds of brushes. Places like TOL or CMA sell a wide variety of brushes. Hopefully some of you are aware of these suppliers...:rolleyes:

Here`s a pic so you know what to look for:

http://store4.yimg.com/I/classic-motoring_1730_1402813

imported_Luster
02-27-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by bretfraz

Dang, I can`t believe that some of you haven`t done the most basic web search for detailing tools. There are a zillion places to get these kinds of brushes.

I have done numerous web searches and found several brushes......most of which they describe as having "stiff brissles for agressive cleaning".

I don`t want to run the risk of scratching a wheel or the paint along the edge of the wheel well with a stiff brush.....

Still looking for a softer bristle brush.

Griot`s has the best one I`ve seen.

What is TOL? (It`s not on the acronym list.)

EDIT: Just figured out that the pic (above) is from CMA........thanks.