PDA

View Full Version : Minor water spots

Blackmirror
02-25-2003, 10:47 PM
Today it snowed and I got a dusting on my GN. few hours later the sun came out and melted the snow. Now I see water spots but they are small spots. Is it ok to use QD and wipe them off? I can`t wash the car because its cold as heck in NJ

shaf
02-26-2003, 01:52 AM
As long as they don`t look too dirty or full of grime, I`d say yes. If in doubt, wait for a wash of course.

Blackmirror
02-26-2003, 05:47 PM
thanks!:)

imported_liquid
02-26-2003, 08:19 PM
First post here, new to the site. What is QD? Whatever that is & if it doesn`t work apply a small amount of white vinegar on a 100% cotton applicator to get rid of the water spots. That should hopefully do the trick, has worked for me numerous times in the past.

shaf
02-26-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by liquid

First post here, new to the site. What is QD? Whatever that is & if it doesn`t work apply a small amount of white vinegar on a 100% cotton applicator to get rid of the water spots. That should hopefully do the trick, has worked for me numerous times in the past. Welcome to Autopia liquid. :wavey

QD is in the Acronym List to the right of the homepage. It can refer to either the process of QDing or the QD product itself. You basically spray it on and wipe it off to remove light dust, dried water, etc. and after washes. It`s kind of a "maintenance" product and process.

Check this out for some examples of these products: http://www.properautocare.com/5-minute-detail.html

imported_liquid
02-26-2003, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome 4DSC:) . This site is great so much knowledge on detailing:up

bunker
02-27-2003, 12:10 AM
liquid,

Welcome to the forum. Read alot and learn alot.......

Let us know your accompliments and your failures.......and, of course, don;t forget to have fun!:bounce

Scott