PDA

View Full Version : White clearcoat paint???

beabout
02-25-2003, 12:59 PM
I have 2003 Cobra converatable:

Oxford White w/Parchmant fabric top

1. any suggestions on how I should proceed to remove wash induced swirls?

2. how often should I clean and treat the top?

I have purchased PC from Lowes and have order the kits suggested in previous threads (thanks).

I have not purchased any chemistry until I hear from you all what I need.

I am new to this so please be kind, thanks all...:wavey

416 Auto
02-25-2003, 01:13 PM
Hey whats up? About removing swirl marks. I would use something like Meguair`s #9 Swirl remover. I recommend the proffesional series stuff rather than the other stuff. The profession stuff is in a cream colored bottle. Use your PC with this and you should be o.k. If not than you need to compound first, To find out about polishing and compounding just do a search and you find all you need.

Lates...................Clint,

You can do a search for your top maintenenace as well

Thomasfl
02-25-2003, 01:25 PM
White cars are difficult to really get them to "pop." I detail an white escalade and wasn`t happy with #7/S100 so I tried the Platinum Polymer and it was better than carnauba in my opinion, but this is the first polymer I used. I have not tried layering the platinum with a carnauba. Maybe this information will help you.

Andre'
02-25-2003, 04:11 PM
Clinton suggested using #9 as a polish-swirl remover, that`s a good product to start with. If you a bit more bite Meguiar`s DACP or 3M`s FI2, will remove the deeper swirls.

For protection i would use a good polymer like thomasfl said. On white i like to use Klasse All In One and SG, or Zaino.

Michaelwdes
02-26-2003, 04:55 AM
can one apply meg`s #9 or # 83 by hand?

ultrajim49
02-26-2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by flyby

can one apply meg`s #9 or # 83 by hand?

Sure you can:xyxthumbs

But it`s advised to do a panel a day and do that one good.

It takes alot of effort, but it can be done.

Christiaan

KSCobra46
02-26-2003, 04:06 PM
I have a white 96 Cobra and have had great results with Meguiar`s #9 and a polishing pad. You shouldn`t have to use the #83 DACP yet, the paint is still new and shouldn`t have that much swirling/marring. I have had great results on my car with #7 or Mother`s Sealer and Glaze topped with a quality carnuba. If you layer the glaze and wax by adding a coat every two weeks or so the paint will begin to get deeper and glossier. My father in law uses Zaino on his white vette and it looks great on a white car. Good luck.:up

Remember to clay prior to polishing, glazing and waxing.

beabout
02-27-2003, 10:53 AM
Thanks to all for informative responses....:up