PDA

View Full Version : Souveran and P21S Layering

jeromet
02-25-2003, 05:28 AM
Hi all,

I have recently started using Souveran and really dig the way it looks, but dust attraction is a huge problem. I am going to start layering P21S on top of the Souveran to see if that helps. My question is do I need to let the Souveran cure for 12 hours or so before I put the P21S on or can I put it on immediately?

imported_memnuts
02-25-2003, 08:22 AM
Allow the Souveran to cure at least 24 hrs prior to layering with itself (Souveran) or P21S/S100 for best results.:xyxthumbs

switerajaya
02-25-2003, 11:13 AM
Jeromet brings up a big point about dust attraction. I bought some Souveran when there was a special recently but haven`t had a chance to apply it yet. Has anyone experienced this? Is this only a condition with the Florida weather? Does it dissipate after an initial wash then come back after another layer of Souveran. I haven`t experienced a dusting prob with P21s and should I be.

Jngrbrdman
02-25-2003, 11:19 AM
If you think its bad with Souveran then you should try Blitz. :eek: Souveran is mild in comparison to some. Its the oils in the wax that cause the dust attraction. Souveran isn`t really that bad in comparison to others. P21S is the best I`ve seen as far as not attracting dust goes.

Bobby G
02-25-2003, 11:21 AM
I have never had a dust attraction problem with P21S or Souveran. I`m wondering if it has to do with climate or toweling. Both waxes buff out oil-free, so it must be due to static conditions.

Scottwax
02-25-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by DavidB

I have never had a dust attraction problem with P21S or Souveran. I`m wondering if it has to do with climate or toweling. Both waxes buff out oil-free, so it must be due to static conditions.

In addition to the static problems on cool dry days, the wind has a lot to do with stirring up the dust which only aggravates the problem.

jeromet
02-25-2003, 01:47 PM
I guess it could just be the Florida climate, but never really had much of a problem with Blackfire. I will see if layering the P21S helps at all. Thanks for the replies.

DETAILKING
02-25-2003, 06:14 PM
I agree. For a carnuba, Souveran has low dust attraction. It is probably due to your towels. They can create a static charge along with the right weather conditions on the paint. Make sure you dry your towels on the low setting and take them out when slightly damp and let air dry the rest of the way.