PDA

View Full Version : Trophies........

imported_Luster
02-24-2003, 11:07 PM
There has been some discussion about displaying your previously-won trophies and awards at a car show.

Some guys will boldly display a host of gold and chrome troph`s right in front for all the world to see......

Others will tastefully display a few in the back seat or trunk.

Still others will leave them in the trophy case at home.

What are your thoughts on this?

Any car judges out there? What about your thoughts? Does this make a car more or less appealing?

George M.
02-24-2003, 11:20 PM
I would think that the tasteful in the back seat or trunk will go over well. I have seen people place them on the roof of the car. for display. And even a person who had a shelf set up in front. I doubt it makes much difference. The judges are trained to look past that im sure, whether or not they do though will vary.

Brad B
02-24-2003, 11:31 PM
At the higher level concours showing previous won trophies is not allowed or considered "good sportsmanship". I guess it`s like showing off! :D

But when it`s allowed, and done tastefully, I think it`s ok. Just don`t put every little trophy you ever won out on display. Put a few of the nicest ones, arranged artfully in a display.

Ideally, I would only like to display awards won previously at that same event in previous years, if possible.

imported_Luster
02-24-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Brad B.

At the higher level concours showing previous won trophies is not allowed or considered "good sportsmanship". I guess it`s like showing off! :D

But when it`s allowed, and done tastefully, I think it`s ok. Just don`t put every little trophy you ever won out on display. Put a few of the nicest ones, arranged artfully in a display.

Ideally, I would only like to display awards won previously at that same event in previous years, if possible.

I thought it might be nice to have a picture of the car with the trophies beside it......and leave the trophies at home.....

Richt
02-25-2003, 05:10 AM
Just leave mine at home, know a few guys in the club thet always bring them and place on the rear shelf.

Pats300zx
02-25-2003, 09:25 AM
I agree at a concours show I don`t think the display of trophies is appropriate. What I do instead is put a nice display in the trunk of my car. The display has the original car brochure, a nice 1/43 diecast, and an original signed car part by the designer of the 300ZX.

I also might put a small 8 1/2 x 11 frame that lists various awards that have been won at previous shows.

skottsmith@sbcglobal.net
03-11-2003, 11:03 PM
I show a 1959 Ford Convertible which is a consistant winner at 65 shows and counting. Until last session I showed with all the trophies displayed in the trunk and back seat floor wells. Lot`s of people at car shows like to look at the trophies and get a kick out of seeing where and what shows the car has been in.

I finally got tired of arranging and packing up the trophies before and after car shows so I took them out and stored them in the basement. I`ve gotten several comments since then that the car shows better without the trophies and frankly I think it shows better. I think it`s a personal choice and after this many shows I go to have fun and meet people and fellow car owners.

Bill:D :D