PDA

View Full Version : Okay, okay the real pic of the G500

Pages : [1] 2 3

Scottwax
02-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Finally got to wax a Mercedes G500. Super :cool: truck! Retro 60`s exterior styling and it`s all 2003 Benz on the inside.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/8782003_mercedesg500.jpg

Jngrbrdman
02-24-2003, 08:06 PM
interesting. You know, if they wanted to drive a box then they could have probably purchased a Land Rover and paid a lot less money. I am pretty anti-box design for vehicles. Some people just have way too much money... It does look nice and shiney though. I would expect no less from a picture that Scottwax posts. :xyxthumbs

Scottwax
02-24-2003, 08:09 PM
Land Rovers are way too underpowered for this guy. He was seriously considering the G55, but didn`t want to wait. He also has a Gale Banks tweaked diesel Excursion that dynoed at 347 hp and 615 lb-ft of torque. Ever driven a diesel with throttle response? ;)

MarkH
02-24-2003, 08:23 PM
I see a lot of them on the roads around here and don`t see the allure, I think the new Range Rover is a lot more attractive.

Ktulu
02-24-2003, 08:24 PM
mmmmmmdiesellllll

Anthony O.
02-24-2003, 08:42 PM
I care for 2 G wagons and while I was doing one of them a doctor came up to me and asked me what I thought about them. I said, "Oh you mean the bread box on wheels?" He laughed and said, "Yea, I think I might get one"

Two days later he pulls up in a black one. I honestly hate them BUT the blue Mercedes runner light is way cool!!:p

Nice job Scott

Anthony

thevolvoguy
02-24-2003, 08:55 PM
I am pretty anti-box design for vehicles.

:argue

What can I say... im a Volvo driver. :p

Anyway, I REALLY like the G class benzes, I guess im the only one. :nixweiss

Nice job Scott!! (As usuall) :D :xyxthumbs

billrouleau
02-24-2003, 09:05 PM
You`re definatley not the only one. I for one love the retro exterior styling and modern interior. I don`t know how many G classes you all see, but they only sold ~3000 in the US last year. I`m guessing the exclusivity is something the purchasers love.

With that said, I probably wouldn`t buy one because I`m not a huge SUV guy...i think an E55 would go better insead. :D

Scottwax, beautiful job as always!

Jngrbrdman
02-24-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by 500amg

...they only sold ~3000 in the US last year. I`m guessing the exclusivity is something the purchasers love.

Could be because they cost upwards of 75,000 (http://www.car-prices-costs.com/2003-Mercedes-Benz-G500.html) dollars. :eek:

bjwebster
02-24-2003, 09:30 PM
I Love G500`s. My Dad Has A Silver One Like The Pic, But Without The Brushguard. Its A Fantastic Vehicle, And Everyone Seems To Stare!

We Have Had It For A Little over A Year, it Was One Of The first To Arrive On the East Coast. We Still Hardly Ever See Another One.

ScrampaTeg03
02-24-2003, 09:44 PM
L:shocked:shockedking good; great job Scottwax!

George M.
02-24-2003, 09:48 PM
great job. Not a big fan of the design.. I actually think the "artist rendering" looked more stylish. But love the shine.:up

Redcar GUY
02-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Looks good

Slackmeister
02-24-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by thevolvoguy

Anyway, I REALLY like the G class benzes, I guess im the only one. :nixweiss

No, you`re not. For some reason, I like the old blocky look on an SUV--makes it look more "rugged" to my eyes. I also like the look of the old Isuzu Troopers, Mitsubishi Monteros, Nissan Patrols, and yes, older Volvos. :up

Jngrbrdman
02-24-2003, 10:27 PM
Here`s a question... What are the odds that this particular truck is ever going to see the mountains? Do you picture the driver digging through mud boggs and really using all the power under that hood? Maybe he will. Scott said he wanted it for the power so maybe he is some wealthy outdoorsman who decided to pay 20 grand more over an H2 because of brand loyalty. To me I feel that trucks like this that put on show to look more "rugged" or "tough" is as bad as wannabe race cars that put on huge spoilers to make them look fast. The difference is that this truck can back up what it looks like, though. I highly doubt that someone is going to drop nearly $75,000 on a truck that is going to get the crap kicked out of it. It seems to me that someone with that kind of money would have a `beater truck` for that kind of abuse.

Nothing against guys who own trucks like this. Its just something I`ve always thought about them. I grew up around understanding that trucks were to be dirty and useful. Something as pretty as the Mercedes doesn`t strike me as the type of truck you take 4 of your buddies up the mountain in for a little "roughing it" time. I don`t know what I would use it for...