PDA

View Full Version : A couple Vanilla Moose/Moose Wax pics

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
02-24-2003, 07:52 PM
I detailed a couple of vehicles with no real access to shade, so I used Vanilla Moose as the polish and Moose Wax for protection since both products are user friendly in the sun. It was 38 when I did the F-250 and about 65 when I did the Limo. In neither case was the paint hot to the touch, but it was warm, especially on the limo.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/8782002_ford_f250_grey.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/8782001_towncar_limo2.jpg

shaf
02-24-2003, 08:15 PM
Oooh - spiffy! :D :xyxthumbs

tkr128
02-24-2003, 09:12 PM
Those pictures are incredible. Great job as always! :xyxthumbs

imported_edschwab1
02-25-2003, 02:59 AM
Great Job.

What is the hose running under the limo?

Is the F250 Green?

Eric

AWDRATT
02-25-2003, 08:37 AM
Wow!!! As usual great job :up :up :up

How long did it take you to finish the limo? Was the limo in good condition before detailing it?

Scottwax
02-25-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by edschwab1

Great Job.

What is the hose running under the limo?

The limo is kept at a storage facility and the hose was leading to some new storage units they just added that the maintenance guy was hosing the dust out of.

Is the F250 Green?

Eric

It`s gun metal grey.

Originally posted by lynxowner

How long did it take you to finish the limo? Was the limo in good condition before detailing it?

I wash the limo every two weeks and go over it with Quikshine each time. This was the first time I waxed it though. Washed it with QEW, polished with Vanilla Moose and waxed with Moose Wax in about 2 hours, 15 minutes or so. That included vacuuming, dressing the tires and cleaning the windows inside and out. If it didn`t have the fabric top, it probably would have taken an additional 30 minutes or so.

416 Auto
02-25-2003, 01:24 PM
Scott,

Great job, the vehicles look awsome . I have a question for you;

Did you apply the Vanilla moose by hand. If so ,or if not, how is this stuff for minor scratches and swirls? and one more quick one;

Do you have any idea where to get those products in Canada?

Thanks alot for your time and advice,

Clint:eek:

Scottwax
02-25-2003, 01:35 PM
I apply the Vanilla Moose using a foam hand applicator if the paint is in good to excellent shape and it will remove minor scratches and light swirls. If the paint needs a bit more work, I apply the Vanilla Moose using a terry cloth towel folded into 1/8ths size since the terry cloth is slightly more abrasive than foam, but still soft enough not to mar the finish.

"BTW, I`ve been meaning to tell you for a while now, you`ve been preaching about using a folded cotton terry to apply polishes and abrasives. I tried that a while ago and was completely BLOWN AWAY!! Never before have I witnessed a polish work so well!...Finally, I decided to use a terry cloth (from Costco), folded twice and then folded once more using the edges of the final fold as my "handle" and gave it a few light mists of water and the scratches are now 95% gone with absolutely no marring of the surface! The fact that there was no marring but significant swirl removal stunned me because I was using 3M`s Fine Cut rubbing compound."---an e-mail to me from Intermezzo

Seriously, if you don`t have a PC, then try using a terry cloth towel to apply. BTW, Vanilla Moose will work fine with a buffer if you prefer.

I am sure you can arrange to have Clearkote products shipped to Canada, the website is www.clearkote.net and there is an e-mail link.

Lowejackson
02-25-2003, 03:02 PM
WOW, first class work :bow

I cannot but think that we are not looking at any particular product but Scottwax great skills. I wonder what kind of great shine he could provide using Turtle Wax. I am confident it would still look better than anything I could do with any super wax or sealent.

Steven

Holly Marie
02-25-2003, 03:30 PM
Great job!

:cool:

wizardofahs
02-25-2003, 03:35 PM
did you put anything on the windshield of the limo? I can never get my glass to look like that.

Sirslap2
02-25-2003, 03:37 PM
Excellent job!

By the way - how did that fitness contest thing go??

Andre'
02-25-2003, 03:54 PM
WOW:cool: need i say more.

Scottwax
02-25-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Lowejackson

WOW, first class work :bow

I cannot but think that we are not looking at any particular product but Scottwax great skills. I wonder what kind of great shine he could provide using Turtle Wax. I am confident it would still look better than anything I could do with any super wax or sealent.

Steven

:nixweiss MY Chevelle looked pretty good when I used Rain Dance.

A lot of it is just because I have been doing this for so long and once I settled on my techniques, I`ve been exploring new products to further tweak my results.

Originally posted by Dr. Jones

did you put anything on the windshield of the limo? I can never get my glass to look like that.

I cleaned it with Eagle`s 20/20 Glass Cleaner. I don`t remember if I topped it with Quikshine for even more water beading.

Originally posted by Deemo

By the way - how did that fitness contest thing go??

Eh...my weight didn`t change at all. A combination of the holidays and poor weather kept me from skating regularly and a groin pull kept me from running after the first few weeks. Tried to go too far too quickly-I`m well conditioned from skating, but I guess my muscles and joints weren`t up to the pounding of running.

By this summer, all the excess will be gone. Other than this past week (sleet and cold), I`ve been skating a lot more.

rstype
02-25-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

"BTW, I`ve been meaning to tell you for a while now, you`ve been preaching about using a folded cotton terry to apply polishes and abrasives. I tried that a while ago and was completely BLOWN AWAY!! Never before have I witnessed a polish work so well!...Finally, I decided to use a terry cloth (from Costco), folded twice and then folded once more using the edges of the final fold as my "handle" and gave it a few light mists of water and the scratches are now 95% gone with absolutely no marring of the surface! The fact that there was no marring but significant swirl removal stunned me because I was using 3M`s Fine Cut rubbing compound."---an e-mail to me from Intermezzo [/B]

Thanks for this tip! Removing swirls by hand using a foam pad is a PITA for me to do. I`ll try using a towel for the application, and see if that`s a little easier. What kind of terry cloth do you use? Just the 40-pack ones that Sal advocates strongly against, or the thicker Fieldcrest ones?

Thanks again!