PDA

View Full Version : Meg #1, Medium Cut Cleaner

mcarp22
02-23-2003, 11:23 PM
Have never seen it before, is it a polish, and how abrasive? Thanks

imported_Mobile detail
02-24-2003, 03:05 AM
I used it to remove some dead plastic off of some tail light housings followed by a fine cut rubbing compoud a couple days ago. When I get the pic scanned in, I`ll post it up.

It feels almost like hand cleaner with the sand/pumice in it. I`d say it`s on the really abrasive side. Can`t say I`ll used it unless there`s a good sized scratch on a car, good to have in case though.

imported_BretFraz
02-24-2003, 09:20 AM
I used this stuff back in the day to buff out badly oxidized paint. Like 1970`s Mercedes or old vans that have never seen wax. Its a product that has its uses but they are very limited.

The harshest stuff Megs makes is Heavy Cut Cleaner. Medium Cut is pretty close to that.

mcarp22
02-24-2003, 03:11 PM
I see, Thanks for the help!

Scottwax
02-24-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by bretfraz

The harshest stuff Megs makes is Heavy Cut Cleaner. Medium Cut is pretty close to that.

Diamond Cut is pretty strong also but the abrasives are buffered. Not sure if they are in Medium or Heavy Cut.

Medium Cut is probably as abrasive as most people will ever need.

Tim Lingor
02-24-2003, 08:15 PM
I would stay away from #1 unless the paint is really in bad shape!! I used the orange/brown liquid #1 to get rid of sratches left behind on my old truck`s bed rail from a camper/canopy shell (as I was trading the truck in). The polish busted through the clear coat really easily!!! I saw black streaks coming through the paint on the truck bed rails from the primer below it!! Oops!!!:eek: