PDA

View Full Version : eagle one wet tire shine

Pages : [1] 2

III
08-04-2004, 08:04 PM
I used this product for the first time over the weekend. I did not like this product at all. Yeah, the shine is good, but I didn`t like how it went on so greasy/slimy. I wiped off the majority of the product when I was done, but I`m still not impressed. This just proves to me that nothing beats water based dressings in my opinion. I will never buy a non-water based product again.

This is probably the only eagle one product that doesn`t score well with me.

Bill D
08-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Yep, not to mention bad chemicals for the rubber of the tires. I hear the EO interior/exterior dressing ( water based) is quite good.

tkr128
08-04-2004, 08:21 PM
Yup, too greasy for me and it slings if you don`t buff it very well.

III
08-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Bill D
Yep, not to mention bad chemicals for the rubber of the tires. I hear the EO interior/exterior dressing ( water based) is quite good.

Bill, maybe you or others could answer this for me:

I knew before I bought the eagle one product that it had pd`s in it, but that doesn`t mean that it`s bad? I thought like silicone there are good and bad petroleum distillates?

Jngrbrdman
08-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Just because something has something that is bad in it, doesn`t mean that it is going to kill your tires. I mean, sugar rots your teeth and carbonation kills your kidneys and yet I still slam back the Pepsi and am able to chew and pee. If a product that is meant to be used on tires is bad for rubber, then there would be massive liabilty lawsuits out there. When was the last time that you heard of Eagle One being sued because their product destroyed tires?

There is a trick to everything. I`ve been using Eagle One Wet for a couple years now and I have found that the key is to apply it on dry tires with a dryish applicator. When the applicator gets soaked then it doesn`t work so well. Then let it dry for awhile. I dress my tires and then leave the car parked overnight. By morning it has definitely had enough time to dry and I do not get sling. I`m not saying that you have to wait overnight, but that is just sort of my process. I wash my car after work usually and I`m not going anywhere anyway, so it just works out that way. If you are getting a result that doesn`t please you, then the best thing I can suggest is to change the way you are using it and see if that works. I love EO Wet. However, I don`t have the sling problem, so it is easy to love it.

Ace Of Spades
08-04-2004, 10:59 PM
I also love EO wet but I only use it on wheel wells. Works great for that!

Bill D
08-04-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman
Just because something has something that is bad in it, doesn`t mean that it is going to kill your tires. I mean, sugar rots your teeth and carbonation kills your kidneys and yet I still slam back the Pepsi and am able to chew and pee. If a product that is meant to be used on tires is bad for rubber, then there would be massive liabilty lawsuits out there. When was the last time that you heard of Eagle One being sued because their product destroyed tires?

Hope you brush your teeth! Never heard the one about carbonation ;)

How many people check their tires for dry rot? Maybe be miniscule but I bet those kinds of products *could* acclerate it :dunno:

It`s all a matter of what features you`re looking for in a tire shine: if you want the high shine go for one of those clear, gel type products, if you want a more matte look go with a water based dressing. I dont want a high shine and I want the best protection especially for my one set of tires which is a model that is no longer made and is OEM specific to the car so safest ingredients and UV protection are very important to me. Might be paranoia but it satisfies the features I want.

tcfool
08-05-2004, 01:43 AM
I don`t get it... It is a great wheel shine... I just take a towel and wipe off the wheel lightly and making sure that there is no wet spots and WOW... shine and no sling............. ???? Maybe you should even it out with a towel or tire applicator....

Sorry to hear bad things about this product because it works well in my foolish world...

TC
:)

Bill D
08-05-2004, 08:55 AM
You`re referring to a product you apply to wheels? Im not aware of one EO makes. For wheels I like Mothers Clear Coat Polish

The Fuzz
08-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Do a search on Google for `Eagle One Wet` and you`ll see it. They have a spray and a gel. I`ve used it. I guess it is ok stuff. I`ve never noticed any sling, but my car is black so I might just not notice it.

Bill D
08-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Ah, ok he must mean the stuff for tires, not wheels

l33
08-05-2004, 07:59 PM
i put it in a container and use a paint brush to apply

Mosca
08-05-2004, 08:02 PM
I can get it to work, by wiping excess off, but there are so many really great tire dressings, this one isn`t worth the extra trouble.

Tom

Bill D
08-05-2004, 08:29 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with Mosca. I think having to brush it on to give it the look you want seems like needing to do a lot with a tire dressing. The foam tire wipes really work great provided the product "behaves" properly

l33
08-06-2004, 08:09 AM
I use a brush to apply all my tire dressing, for me it`s easier for a spray bottle so you don`t have to spray it on your wheels, brakes, etc. You get a very even application, i find those eagle one wipes only *fit* certain tires, and they are definitly not mine. Not much extra trouble.