PDA

View Full Version : Chenille Wash Mitt at CMA

Pages : [1] 2

billrouleau
02-23-2003, 05:03 PM
What do you guys think of the chenille wash mitt available at CMA?

The link is: http://www.properautocare.com/chenwasmit.html

Is it really 100% cotton? Will it swirl up a black car (the mitt itself, not lodged dirt)?

Thanks!

BradE
02-23-2003, 05:11 PM
The CMA Chenille mit is a very good one. They are 100% "real" cotton. They are supplied to CMA by Viking I believe.

TheOzzfather
02-23-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by 500amg

What do you guys think of the chenille wash mitt available at CMA?

The link is: http://www.properautocare.com/chenwasmit.html

Is it really 100% cotton? Will it swirl up a black car (the mitt itself, not lodged dirt)?

Thanks!

They sell the exact same thing at WalMart for $2.49!!! THey are both made by Viking the are the same!! Dont spend the money. And I suggest that you look into the chenille sponge shape. The mit gets very very heavy when full of water I did not like mine at all. Hell send me a check for $12 and I will mail you 5 of them!

F1Crazy
02-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by TheOzzfather

They sell the exact same thing at WalMart for $2.49!!! THey are both made by Viking the are the same!! Dont spend the money. And I suggest that you look into the chenille sponge shape. The mit gets very very heavy when full of water I did not like mine at all. Hell send me a check for $12 and I will mail you 5 of them!

Wal-Mart doesn`t sell 100% cotton mitt. Viking mitt you see at Wal-Mart contains polyester fibers, take a closer look and you`ll notice it doesn`t have a cotton logo and try to burn some of the fibers, it`ll melt and you`ll see black smoke.

Intermezzo mentioned on other board that he never had any luck with Viking mitts and all the mitts he had, even the ones with cotton logo were not 100% cotton. I haven`t seen 100% cotton Viking mitt for awhile but just recently spotted one with new packaging in auto parts store and I`m going to get it and test it and will post the results.

imported_Dude
02-23-2003, 06:35 PM
The one at Wal-Mart may NOT be the same. I don`t know- maybe it is the same one, I haven`t checked- but just make sure that you look for the following:

Viking makes two different wash mitts. They look identical. The packaging is nearly identical. One is 100% cotton throughout. The other has 100% cotton loops and a polyester backing. The only way to tell the difference is by looking for the "cotton" symbol on the label- the one that looks like cotton leaf. The 100% cotton mitt has this leaf; the other one does not.

Again, the one at Wal-Mart might be the right one, but you need to make sure before buying it. Good luck!

I know that Kragen/Schnucks/Checker auto parts carries both kinds of mitts. Please let us know which one Wal-Mart has.

tkr128
02-23-2003, 08:01 PM
Here`s a picture of what the 100% cotton Viking washmitt comes packaged in. I think this is the old packaging. Notice the cotton logo and the "100% cotton..."

http://members.aol.com/tkr128/viking.jpg

TheOzzfather
02-23-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by F1Crazy

Wal-Mart doesn`t sell 100% cotton mitt. Viking mitt you see at Wal-Mart contains polyester fibers, take a closer look and you`ll notice it doesn`t have a cotton logo and try to burn some of the fibers, it`ll melt and you`ll see black smoke.

Intermezzo mentioned on other board that he never had any luck with Viking mitts and all the mitts he had, even the ones with cotton logo were not 100% cotton. I haven`t seen 100% cotton Viking mitt for awhile but just recently spotted one with new packaging in auto parts store and I`m going to get it and test it and will post the results.

The ones I get are 100% cotton and have the logo on them. I have had nothing but good luck with them and highly recomend them.

imported_Adamah
02-23-2003, 11:52 PM
I`ve used the 100% cotton Viking mitts and had pretty good luck with them but I switched to the CMA mitts about a year ago. The CMA mitts are quite a bit softer than the Vikings so I dont care that they`re $4.00 more. Never understood why people pinch pennies on detailing supplies when they`ve just spent $20-30-40,000.00+ on their vehicle.

F1Crazy
02-24-2003, 08:50 PM
I just got it today and I believe this is new packaging for Viking mitt:

bandit
02-24-2003, 09:44 PM
F1 Crazy, Where did you find the Viking wash mitt? Have been searching all over but without any luck.

F1Crazy
02-24-2003, 09:55 PM
O`Reilly Auto Parts.

debric
02-25-2003, 05:16 PM
Can you guess that car on the package? How about the arm?

F1Crazy
02-25-2003, 05:24 PM
That car is a Viper and that arm is...hmm, yours?

debric
02-25-2003, 05:30 PM
Viper = Correct

Arm = No, it was actually a "hand model" if you believe it or not. It was some college kid who got paid an outrageous amount of money to eat, smoke, stand around and hold a few things when he was told to. Let me be the first to tell all you with nice hands, which is probably no one on this board, that is the gig to have.

F1Crazy
02-25-2003, 05:53 PM
VIKING,

Has your company ever made mitts with foam insert? I`ve had a mitt like that before but don`t remember who made it.

I have just one complain about your mitt and it is about the sleeve that separates from the mitt after a few uses.