PDA

View Full Version : My swirls and what you guys suggest from this list for them...

schoi
02-22-2003, 05:13 PM
mmkay, a lot of you probably already saw / read my "I`m sick of this crap" thread. (Cliffs Notes: lots of swirls, black car, south Texas heat, no PC, SMR by hand isn`t doing a damn thing, I want to glaze them.)

So, I`d really like for you guys to pick a combination here:

Glazes

P21S GEPC

Meg`s No. 7

Omega Glaze

(feel free to suggest others that I`m forgetting...)

Waxes... preferably DURABLE ones for this application

Meg`s No. 26

P21S paste wax

Blitz

One Grand

(again, if I left something out that you like, let me know)

Also: are there any sealants (in my other post, one person mentioned BF II and another one) that will, for sure, bond even with a glaze underneath it?

Thanks, guys.

Lowejackson
02-22-2003, 05:32 PM
Any of those products sounds good, you will have a problem trying to get a sealent to go on top of a wax or glaze however. The real downside of using a glaze is that they just dont last very long.

Steven

jcattarulla
02-22-2003, 06:05 PM
A glaze will last as long as it is protected by a quality carnauba wax or synthetic sealant.

If your paint is perfect and free of contaminations (clay will fix) and swirls (DACP, 3M SMR, #9 will fix) then you are ready to glaze.

I`ve had good luck with both #7 as well as Final Polish.

If you go the carnaube route, P21S paste wax offers phenomenal ease, as well as a good bang for the buck.

Just be sure you have plenty of quality MF towels available.

schoi
02-22-2003, 06:13 PM
Yeah, to the best of my knowledge, glazes and their durability is affected largely by the wax on top.

I have some old No. 7... I guess I could try that and top it with P21S? I thought that P21S wasn`t very durable?

jcattarulla
02-22-2003, 06:21 PM
P21S is plenty durable! Not like a synthetic, but as far as a carnauba goes, it`s one of the best. It`ll last you awhile, 2-3 months and you`ll still be getting tiny little water beads. Plus, it`s so easy to apply, that you can do a whole car in about 20-30 minutes, so I promise you`ll find yourself reapplying P21S more often, one a month at least because it`s so easy and looks so good.

And in between waxings, if you ARE set on using a carnauba such as P21S, then you can use Pinnacle Crystal Mist QD, which is a carnauba QD, and is great stuff.

So yea, make your paint perfect with clay and a swirl remover if you need it, the go ahead and use your #7. Follow with P21S. Whenever you feel like you need it, reapply the P21S, and inbetween, say if you`ve got a hot date and want your car to look it`s best but don`t have time to do a full P21S, run around with your best MF towels and spritz some Crystal Mist! It`ll add a micro-layer of carnauba that will extend the life if the P21S beneath it.

schoi
02-22-2003, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I have P21S and have used it a few times. I love it. :)

That`s the problem though... you say, "Use your swirl remover." It gets nowhere by hand for me, so I was looking for a way to at least hide them. Interestingly enough, I don`t remember having this problem as much when I was using #7+#26 ... before I went to Klasse.