PDA

View Full Version : Zaino and salt, durablity issue???

Hawkeye_TDI
02-21-2003, 05:47 PM
Hi friends,

I seem to be experiencing some durabilty issues with Zaino.

I applied Z2 after a good clay and wash job about a month ago. I then applied a second coat the next day. I am wondering if salt and or high pressure, touchless car washed will strip it?

I ask this because today I did a wash and I noticed very little beading. The finish still feels very slick, but I don`t think there is much if any Zaino left. The truck is kept outdoors and is an every day driver.

Shouldn`t it last longer than this? Other cars that I DON"T drive in the winter, and don`t take to touchless car washes last longer. So I wonder if I am expecting to much, considering the weather lately.

Any insight?

Thanks

B

imported_edschwab1
02-21-2003, 06:09 PM
Another member commented on this about month ago. Iread that the higher pressure will strip wax, and now I am assuming sealants. I think this is just a chemical reaction:

1) Salt and water reacting.

2) The pressure blasting the salt and dirt off the car acting as an abrasive.

3) Acid Snow.

Edit: 4) Harsh soaps and detergents used in car wash.

Better the Z than your paint wearing away. Just wash and apply more Z for the remaining weeks of winter.

I am experiencing the same problem with KSG.

Soon this will be over and Detailing season will start.

Eric

Hawkeye_TDI
02-21-2003, 06:20 PM
[i]

Better the Z than your paint wearing away. Just wash and apply more Z for the remaining weeks of winter.

I am experiencing the same problem with KSG.

Soon this will be over and Detailing season will start.

Eric [/B]

Thank god!, Thanks!

B

TortoiseAWD
02-21-2003, 06:29 PM
I typically lose beading on the doors of my Z-ed WRX during salt-season, too. I have found, however, that if you get a stretch of good weather and can do a Z7 wash and Z6 the car, and manage to stay away from salt until the next wash, the beading picks up noticeably. Using the Z wash and QD really does seem to perk up the Z that`s on the car, in my experience.

Even so, it`s disheartening to see the reduction in beading . . . water just clings to my doors when it gets winter-sloppy out :mad:

Tort

DETAILKING
02-21-2003, 07:20 PM
Sometimes a film of dirt on the car will detract from the water beading. Also, once a panel is soaked up with Z7 wash, it sheets more than beads due to the properties of the wash. Dry the car and then hose down the panel of the clean car....if you see no beading, than that is a good indication that your protection has been compromised.....