PDA

View Full Version : Why I Ask So Many Zaino Questions...

mpawelek
02-21-2003, 02:42 PM
I wish my ISP would let me link larger pictures to show the depth of shine on my `96 Z3. This was done by an old favorite, a bottom layer of 3M Imperial Hand Glaze and a top coat of Collinite Carnuba. I love this combination for the shine but want something that will last longer per application. I have an order of Z1 and Z2 on the way and from everyone`s excellent advise hope the combination gives me this depth of shine but a little more durability. BTW-This car has the X-Pel Clear Bra installed, pretty invisable I`d say! ..Thanks...Michael P.

dr427
02-21-2003, 04:47 PM
Liquid or paste collinite? 885/476 paste should give you a lot more durability unless you want to convert to synthetic protection such as the acrylics Klasse, L&S 501, or Crystal-Glo.

Then there are the Zaino fans who should reply shortly:p

Glad to hear you use Collinite! I love 885/476 and often have used 845 Liquid Insulator as a top coat.

mpawelek
02-21-2003, 05:23 PM
I`ve always used the Collinite #915 Marque D`Elegance Paste Wax and have never tried the liquid. Maybe it`s our extreme heat here in S.E. Texas that does something to Carnuba`s, it really does get hot enough to fry an egg on a car hood here a few months in the Summer. I`ll give the Z1 and Z2 a try and can always switch back if necessary. I`ll still use the 3M Imperial Hand Glaze and Collinite on my really old cars that are garaged all the time. BTW- I have read a few posts here from folks that say the Collinite is hard to wipe off and smears. I have not found this to be true and believe their application may be too thick. I have always put just enough on to haze the paint but never enough to leave a residue you can see very well...Michael P.

Brodydog
02-21-2003, 05:23 PM
I use Collinite on my Suburban on top of AIO and SG. I thought I was the only Collinite user on the board. Collinite definitely outlasts other carnaubas. It`s a little difficult to remove, though...

dr427
02-21-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by LowTech

I use Collinite on my Suburban on top of AIO and SG. I thought I was the only Collinite user on the board. Collinite definitely outlasts other carnaubas. It`s a little difficult to remove, though...

I find if I only do a panel at a time it removes as easy as anything else. But if I pile it on too thick or let it sit too long it takes a little more elbow grease, but nothing like 3M finesse-it II polish!

I have absolutely no problems with removing now that I have a technique.

I keep doing side by side comparisions with other products and still love my Collinite! Put it on take it off. My only hesitation with trying Zaino is the application process.

As LowTech stated AIO and Collinite are a good combo.

Collinite is my KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid):bounce