PDA

View Full Version : 303 areospace cleaner

BTW574
02-20-2003, 11:41 PM
Well I am almost out of Hi-intensity and was looking to order some more when I saw the 303 cleaner and 303 protectent and like them alot.

Has anybody tried this stuff

audio1der
02-27-2003, 02:46 PM
Go buy it right now!

I have just converted,and believe me- that`s the right word.

WOW, this stuff is good, satiny finish- not shiny like many others, great protection.

DDAVER
02-27-2003, 03:06 PM
I agree with audio1der. It gives a very satin look, not the greasy/shiny look that other protectants give. You can never have enough 303 :xyxthumbs

Spilchy
02-27-2003, 03:29 PM
Just got my shipment of 303 today from CMA delivered to my job. It`s on sale! I also got the black wash mitt that was on sale there too - real nice! :up

Ofcourse I have to deal with my co-workers harrassment; all of whom think of our hobby as a sickness. :angry Don`t worry, I defend us well! :argue

Osc12Bre
02-27-2003, 03:46 PM
Question... how does the 303 smell? Please be honest about this.

Thanks,

John C.

Spilchy
02-27-2003, 03:52 PM
kind of has a vinager-like, stank locker room underwear smell. Other than that, it`s not too bad. It goes away in a few seconds. LOL!

turnipgreen
02-27-2003, 05:55 PM
I couldn`t tell if the comments above about "satiny" and such were for the 303 protectant or the new cleaner. I too am looking to place an order, and was trying to figure out if I wanted to EF HI or to change to the 303 cleaner.

If anyone can comment on just the cleaner I would be muchly appreciative.

And yes, I work with people who don`t understand either. They don`t understand cleaning the outside, or especially the engine. Then I went and replaced the valve cover gasket, so I emailed them a picture of an open engine, and go zero responses (such as "does it still run"). If I had emailed an open computer they would have had lots to say.

jcattarulla
02-27-2003, 07:58 PM
I use 303 (at BretFraz`s recommendation)in my Bimmer, and I don`t notice any scent whatsoever. If there WAS one, it dissipated very quickly and left a great clean look, not glossy at all, but the black dash looked darker and cleaner, like new.

Great stuff.

imported_BretFraz
02-27-2003, 10:14 PM
The 303 cleaner is good but I would not buy it over EFHI (I have both). EFHI purchased by the gallon is a terrific value and I cannot think of any cleaning job I would prefer the 303 cleaner for. EFHI is truly ALL PURPOSE.

303 Protectant is perfect for interiors but too matte for tires and such. I agree, its initial smell isn`t great but it does not linger. Don`t worry, you won`t hurl or anything.

303 Shower Shield is a fine product if a little difficult to work with; it requires a good bit of buffing before the shower looks perfect. Has a slight lemon-chemical smell.

I have no experience with 303`s convertible products.

Hope all this helps.

genX
02-28-2003, 03:41 AM
And 303 is safe for engine detailing right? I thought I saw a few posts of you guys using it for detailing under the hood, but doesn`t seem to mention on the bottle if it was safe on metal and/or high heat surfaces

imported_BretFraz
02-28-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by genX

And 303 is safe for engine detailing right? I thought I saw a few posts of you guys using it for detailing under the hood, but doesn`t seem to mention on the bottle if it was safe on metal and/or high heat surfaces

See for yourself:

http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=whatsnew

JimS
02-28-2003, 08:26 AM
This week I used the 303 Protectant for the forst time and I`m pleased. I didn`t notice any smell. I did notice that the finish is nice and satiny, no slickness when applied to the steering wheel and pedals. I like it and ordered another couple of bottles.

JimS

imported_Kyle
02-28-2003, 10:05 AM
I just got my 303 as well but how do you use?

1. just spray on dash ans let it sit, no wipe?

2. spray on applicator and apply with it? and wipe off?

3. spray on appplicator and apply, and no wipe?

I tried once on my dash but not impressed yet. so just wondering what`s the correct way to apply.

imported_nowaterno
02-28-2003, 11:10 AM
I use 303 Protectant on the rubber and plastic on the exterior of my car and all surfaces ( including leather seats ) of the interior, as it is a convertible. I have to tell you, even after 3 years of sitting in the sun all summer with the top down a lot of the time, the interior looks brand new, no fade, no UV related deterioration at all.

As to application, I wipe it on, let it sit a minute or two and buff. It leaves the surfaces a *tad* shinier than before the 303 application but nothing horrendous. And, considering that you have just applied what amounts to a 40 SPF sunscreen ( according to 303:)) it is worth it.

(I know this thread started about 303 cleaner but you all *did* start talking about the protectant:))

imported_Kyle
02-28-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by aiiee

(I know this thread started about 303 cleaner but you all *did* start talking about the protectant:))

oops, I didn`t realize that, sorry I should delete my part.:p