PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO & P21S

Pages : [1] 2

DNEWZ
02-20-2003, 03:05 PM
Maybe a dumb Q but here it goes. I got the wife a 2003 Nissan Muarno SL, Silver. I`ve ordered the P21S detailing kit from CMA. After a dawn wash, P21S shampoo, and clay job, could I do one coat of AIO (skip the SG), do one coat of P21S GEPC, then do a coat (or more) of P21S carnuba wax. Would the coat of AIO give the Muarno overall better, longer, protection than just doing the P21S wax system? Also, will doing the GEPC after the AIO give me any additional benefits prior to waxing? Any commits/suggestions/input etc.. is welcomed. I`ve used the Klasse twins for over a year on all the vehicles in the house and love the way it looks on the black & red ones (white one kinda hard to tell a major diff, but its gone now!). I just want to try something differant and run it by you folks first to see if the above has any substance to it. I know AOI+SG=WOW, but let me know what you think about the above. Thanks

Mark

Green Monster
02-20-2003, 03:15 PM
I know AOI+SG=WOW,

AOI+SG+P21S Carnuaba wax= WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW :bounce :bow :xyxthumbs :D

switerajaya
02-20-2003, 03:30 PM
Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser. I sure believe that if you apply GEPC after the AIO, it would, if not completely remove AIO it would seriously diminish the protection AIO provides.

DNEWZ
02-20-2003, 04:02 PM
I never thought about GEPC removing the AOI :o.

Ya, ya, I know, AIO+SG+P21S wax would= WOW,WOW,WOW :D, and most likely will be the route I will take. I was just wondering though... thanks for the info and suggestions.

Mark

gtcuda
02-20-2003, 05:09 PM
Here`s a photo of my Silver Lightning with AIO x 2, SG x 3, and a coat of Pinnacle Paste Glaz. It really looks good on the silver, IMO. Have Fun. Todd

CharlesW
02-20-2003, 05:12 PM
AIO as a cleaner, polish, base, whatever you want to call it, has worked quite well for me with S100 over it. Great shine, depth, all that good stuff.

My next project will be SEPC followed by AIO, finished off with S100.

It has been stated that for whatever reason, the SEPC followed by AIO gives an even better looking surface for application of S100. As easy as all three are to use, I thought I should try it. Unfortunately, it probably won`t be for a month or so, because of the weather.

AIO:up

S100:up

SEPC, Remains to be seen.

Charles

imported_bayork
02-20-2003, 05:25 PM
What the heck is AIO? :nixweiss

shaf
02-20-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by deezeljuice

What the heck is AIO? :nixweiss On the left side of the main page is a link that says: Acronyms (http://www.autopia.org/acronyms.php)

DNEWZ
02-20-2003, 06:48 PM
If the GEPC will remove the AIO, how about GEPC first then the AIO, then wax on wax off?!! I know, I`m grasping at straws here!

:p

Mark

P.S The lighting does look sweet...and fast!

CharlesW
02-20-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by BlackSplash40

If the GEPC will remove the AIO, how about GEPC first then the AIO, then wax on wax off?

That has been suggested before and is the reason I plan to use the SEPC/AIO combination in the spring.

Charles

F1Crazy
02-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by BlackSplash40

If the GEPC will remove the AIO, how about GEPC first then the AIO, then wax on wax off?!! I know, I`m grasping at straws here!

This is the way to go!

GEPC will lightly polish the surface, removing light swirls and micromarring. AIO will remove any oils and fillers left by GEPC and get paint ready for SG, you can go straight to wax tough.

I noticed that GEPC before AIO makes the paint a little more wet and glossy looking and is absolutely a must now.

shaf
02-20-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by F1Crazy

I noticed that GEPC before AIO makes the paint a little more wet and glossy looking and is absolutely a must now. Great - yet another voice calling me out to try the S100 version of GEPC... :p

DNEWZ
02-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Did not mean to get the voices talking in your head again 4DSC! Just wondering if the S100 version of GEPC is better or whatever? Now I`ve gone and :confused: myself! S100,GEPC,S100,GEPC ??? I hope I don`t have bad dreams over this one! Think good thoughts - think good thoughts... You folks give out great info and its very well taken and soaked up by rookies like me :bow

Mark

F1Crazy
02-20-2003, 08:58 PM
I believe GEPC is the same as their S100 version. I know I`m not buying P21S at higher price and pay shipping on top of that.

4DSC, GEPC is now a step in my paint prep routine as the last and mildest polish, I`m sure you`ll like it. ;)

Green Monster
02-20-2003, 09:04 PM
Kaleb- I want your truck!!!!!! :D

Its beautiful!!!!! :xyxthumbs