PDA

View Full Version : using PC on new paint (Xirallic)

switerajaya
02-20-2003, 02:11 AM
This is paint on the new Anniversary `Vettes. Yes, I searched and did read the 3 threads that discussed this. Just that at the time of those threads no one had posted if they had used a PC to remove swirls. The dealer option for swirls came with the car. I am just not sure about using the PC to remove the swirls if the clear is thin or others say it could be a problem. In the cars current condition because of the lack of sun when these pics were taken, there are no apparent swirls. In the bright sun, you can find `em if you look hard. But ofcourse, Autopians could. My co-workers think I`m being way to picky.

[had posted this question earlier with just a link to pic]

switerajaya
02-20-2003, 02:15 AM
another pic

AMP01
02-22-2003, 01:00 AM
Pecs_McCoy,

I really like the color of your Vette!:bow :bow

I have a jet black BMW and have had great success with P21S Gloss Enhancing Paint Cleaner using a PC with a polishing pad. I would first try some GEPC by hand with a foam pad in a not easily seen place on your Vette. The GEPC is a mild polish that really leaves the paint glossy and slick. It won`t remove all the swirls but it will make them much less noticeable.

I used to be very scared of the PC, but now after some practice, I would not be with out it.

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

switerajaya
02-22-2003, 06:29 PM
Thanks Amp99,

It`s not a concern of PC usage that has me worried. It is because of earlier posts on Xirallic paint scheme that has me concerned if I do use the PC I can haze/cloud the effect of the Xirallic in the basecoat and effect the the red in the clear.

from Motor Trend

The paint itself is very special, using a "tintcoat" process with red Xirallic flake in a basecoat covered with a red-tinted clear coat. A synthetic silicate material, similar to that used in silicone computer chips, Xirallic flake permits a smoother surface than even expensive micas and aluminums found in most metallic automotive paints.

So until I hear back on some feelers I have out, I`ll only try to hide the swirls I see. I did go buy some SEPC from the local Harley dealer so I am thinking just like you. Oh, btw, I`ve seen your gallery and luv those reflections. :xyxthumbs