PDA

View Full Version : Black Magic Wet Shine Spray Detailer

Zealot
02-19-2003, 12:45 PM
Hey gang, I saw this stuff at Wal-Mart and wanted to give it a shot. I took it out to my daughter`s Cavalier that sits outside 24/7 and rarely gets washed (hey, it`s her car, not mine:) ) and misted some on to the fender. Keep in mind that this is a black car that`s been sitting outside all day, and it`s 70*F here today (gotta love it:up :up ). I sprayed some on the front fender (and man, does this sprayer have a nice tip - it does a fantastic job of actually spraying a very fine mist) and wiped it with a MF. NO smearing what so ever, and the paint was hot enough that as soon as I sprayed it on I could see it starting to evaporate:eek: It smells real nice too. I then took it to my other daughter`s Ranger truck that sits outside 24/7 and is in dire need of a make over (long story that I won`t go into) and sprayed some on the tail gate. This is a teal colored vehicle so the paint wasn`t as hot as the Cavalier. Again, nice misting and very easy to wipe off. It leaves a nice shine, especially noticeable on the Chevy, and it seems to be as slick as ClearKote QS, which I use on my car. I then sprayed my Mustang`s hood and fenders with it (sitting in the garage all day), in sections. Man this stuff is a breeze to wipe off, I can`t say it enough. Lately I`ve been noticing that with CKQS, it seems to smear on me and I think that`s due to using too much, probably due to the spray head. The head on the BMSD is idiot proof, no matter how much you open it (or don`t open it), it sprays the same very fine mist. So it`s worth the $4.XX to try something new. The next test will be in the sun on the Mustang`s hood :)

imported_memnuts
02-19-2003, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the review. Sound like a decent product.

Do you have any idea what is in this QD? Any carnuaba, alcohol, bad silicone, teflon, petrolleum distillates etc? :wavey

Zealot
02-19-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Thanks for the review. Sound like a decent product.

Do you have any idea what is in this QD? Any carnuaba, alcohol, bad silicone, teflon, petrolleum distillates etc? :wavey

According to the MSDS (http://www.pzlqs.com/MSDS/025/025827.pdf) it has water, surfactants, isopropyl alcohol and nonyl phenyl polyethylene glycol. I didn`t see anywhere on there if it got more specific on the "surfactants". The page for MSDS is located here (http://www.pzlqs.com/techdata/l7_msds_fs.htm) :cool:

Dave

Zealot
02-19-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by BlackRegal

I saw that last time I was at WalMart and almost picked some up, but then I came to the realization that more than likely it would be another month or two before I have a good chance to try it out because of the weather...:(

So I guess I shouldn`t mention that I have the front door open and am in shorts & Bucs t-shirt today?:xyxthumbs :p I feel for you mate - 30 winters in St. Louis was enough for me.

Dave

imported_memnuts
02-19-2003, 02:34 PM
Appreciate the info source and heads up on another detailing product.:bow :bow

One more month and it will be 70 here. Well hopefully it will but than the pollen season starts. :shocked Another reason to keep the black Z in the garage.:(

Zealot
02-19-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Appreciate the info source and heads up on another detailing product.:bow :bow

One more month and it will be 70 here. Well hopefully it will but than the pollen season starts. :shocked Another reason to keep the black Z in the garage.:(

Hey no problem, just pitching in :cool:

Yeah - pollen:rolleyes: It`s already here for us in Tampa. I had a big car show on Saturday and did a QD on the whole car when I got there. 15min later, the judge showed up and the car was covered in pollen. Luckily he said he wouldn`t take off for it.

Dave

imported_Larry A
02-26-2003, 03:16 PM
I bought black magic spray detailer from Walmart I myself dont like it. It leaves a nice shine but it streaks like crazy. I have good luck with Eagle One Wipe and Shine hot cold sunny or cloudy makes no difference it always comes out perfect

Jake11375
02-26-2003, 03:26 PM
This is kinda off the general automotive topic, but my wife and I live in Oklahoma. (horrible place for people with allergies) You mentioned pollen in the Tampa area. Do people complain about allergies down there? We have been discussing the possibility of moving to Florida in the future. Allergies is ONE of our main concerns. Thanks!

Zealot
02-26-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Jake11375

This is kinda off the general automotive topic, but my wife and I live in Oklahoma. (horrible place for people with allergies) You mentioned pollen in the Tampa area. Do people complain about allergies down there? We have been discussing the possibility of moving to Florida in the future. Allergies is ONE of our main concerns. Thanks!

Wow man, I wish I could offer some useful info, but no one in my family, nor anyone I know has allergies to deal with. I imagine it would be rough this time of year. I just got back inside from wiping another layer of the stuff off my car:rolleyes: They do give allergen counts on the weather forecasts, but I don`t pay much attention:nixweiss Take a look here (http://www.weather.com/maps/activity/allergies/index_large.html?from=allefl) and hopefully it will help. And judging by that map and looking at OK, you aint kidding!! I love living here and can`t imagine living anywhere else. Good luck!

Dave

BA_Titan
02-26-2003, 04:02 PM
Jake11375, yea it`s like in the top 5 worst places for people with allergies. Ragweed is HORRIBLE! I know a couple people that moved because of allergies.

Jake11375
02-26-2003, 04:15 PM
Appreciate the input fellas. :cool: