PDA

View Full Version : can I get fabric softener out of towels?

Re-Lax
02-19-2003, 10:37 AM
I bought some really nice (expensive) 100% cotton towels the other day and my girlfriend thought she would be nice and wash those along with a few MF towels for me. I discovered afterwards that she used fabric softener. I thanked and explained the whole fabric softener problem, but I knew the damage was already done.

Are my towels done or can I wash the fabric softener out.:(

Accumulator
02-19-2003, 10:55 AM
hubris63- I take it you`re concerned with getting the softener out of the MF towels, not the cotton ones, right? I`d say just REALLY wash `em (separately). As in warm-almost-hot water, pre-soak in Dawn, wash with LOTS of liquid detergent, rinse numerous times, etc. I`d bet that they will be fine. Fabric softener shouldn`t be any tougher to wash out of MF than, say, KSG or Zaino.

thevolvoguy
02-19-2003, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I agree about washing them a few times in warm water.

But whatever you do, DO NOT put Dawn in the washing machine... I learned this when I was 8 years old. :rolleyes: :D

Redcar GUY
02-19-2003, 11:16 AM
Ya I would say just wash them a few times, It will take a few to get all the Animal fat(what FS has in it) to wash out.. good luck:xyxthumbs

Accumulator
02-19-2003, 11:35 AM
thevolvoguy- Heh heh, I know EXACTLY what you mean :D I DO, however actually put some Dawn in the wash from time to time without any drama. You just have to keep the water level down and not go crazy with the Dawn.