PDA

View Full Version : cleaning / removing lint from "clingy" velour fabric seats

dstr8
02-18-2003, 06:53 PM
Many of you may already be using this technique, but I thought I would share for those who may not have tried this.

Several of my customer`s complain that their velour fabric seats are lint and hair magnets. I have one customer in particular who has continual struggles with the cloth seats in her Camry. She owns a long haired cat which seems to shed itself on her clothes. Her clothes in turn seem to shed on her car seats when she drives.

Over the years I have tried many things to clean velour seats - lint rollers, brushes, the Velcro lint glove from CMA, etc. All of these have worked fairly well, but in the end the technique that I have found that works the best is to use a latex glove (yeah, the yellow ones you find on the laundry supply aisles in grocery stores). I put a latex glove on my right hand and hold a vacuum hose from my vac `n blow in my left hand. I start at the top of the seats and use my gloved hand to rub the fabric. The sticky nature of the rubber pulls hair and lint easily from the fabric which is quickly sucked up from the vacuum hose.

Works like a charm...;)

NattyBumppo
02-18-2003, 07:08 PM
Excellent tip :xyxthumbs . Thanks for sharing that.

Natty

Pats300zx
02-18-2003, 07:26 PM
Awesome tip :up Going to have to try that one....

We have a dog cover in our back seat that takes forever to get all of the dog hair off of. I am going to give this tip a try. I have tried lint brushes, rollers, etc to no avail...

dstr8
02-19-2003, 12:33 PM
one more quick note... I learned the hard way not to use thinner "surgical" gloves as you will quickly rub holes in them. It is very necessary to use thicker style gloves.

Just my final two cents. :)