PDA

View Full Version : Show car tips and tricks.

samiam513
02-18-2003, 11:17 AM
What is the secret to doing a daily driven car (or truck/lightning in my case) to do really good at a show and atrract attention.

imported_Luster
02-18-2003, 11:35 AM
I`ve had my car in several shows and come home with several trophies.

Judges look for "UNIQUENESS"! (but always in good taste).

Here are some things that make the judges say "WOW!"

1. An immaculate engine bay, including treated belts, hoses and all rubber and plastic.

2. Super clean suspension (springs, shocks, calipers, rotors, etc.)

3. Anything a little unique, but in very good taste. (For example, certain engine parts painted to match the vehicle).

4. Perfectly detailed tires.

5. Judges will do the "white-glove-test" Make sure that areas that a normal person would not see are detailed. Those are the areas that judges look for. (Example. The hood hinges and hood struts. Judges love to get their fingers down in there!)

6. Make sure your interior has nothing in it. (no coats, toolboxes,cell phones, etc.) And the seatbelts are neatly in place.

7. Be sure to straighten the A/C vents so they are lined up. It makes a difference.

8. Detail the door jambs.

Here`s a pic:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/p337f4340478962b45893d6c4cbbe6826/fcb2eeba.jpg

Richt
02-18-2003, 11:51 AM
My car gets daily driven, enter a class for daily driven vehicles i have trophies for Ist and 2nd places show and shine, 5th places concours and best interior.

Remove wheels, clean arches and insides of rims,

clean the undercarrige,

dress the spare wheel if under the car.

Just clean everything, if it metal -polish it.

paint -wax it

plastic or rubber -dress it.

Glass pay attention to it clean it well, it will make or break a vehicle

Pats300zx
02-18-2003, 12:12 PM
Attention to details...that is what I would have to say is the #1 thing.

I find that I do much better at all 300zx shows since they are concours events are opposed to import shows. The import shows are all about flash, playstations, etc.

The concours shows and the import shows are like comparing night and day.

Things to think about..

1) Making sure that all your screw heads are lined up properly.

2) All clamps etc are facing in the same direction

3) No lint on carpets

4) Interior vents all facing in same direction (interior items lined up properly ie. Cig lighter etc)

5) No brake dust on rims

6) All engine hoses dressed

The list could go on forever....

Here is a pic of my engine.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/PMCCALL/enginepics/engine0908023.JPG

Richt
02-18-2003, 12:34 PM
All logos,emblems on wheels, valve caps etc - lined up. ie in my case no upside down lion! oops!

02-18-2003, 01:29 PM
and dont forget your service history! i wonder who missed 5 points on that one! ar$e and bu$$er!