PDA

View Full Version : MAGnificent Wheel Cleaner?

Scott P
02-18-2003, 10:09 AM
Has anyone tried Auto Magic`s MAGnificent Wheel Cleaner? It is a non acid product that is supposed to be great for for wheels and tires. I`m trying to find a good tire cleaner (Sears here won`t sell me their EO since it`s been written off already) and found this. I am told it works incredibly well on wheels too.

Any experience out there?

Pats300zx
02-18-2003, 10:56 AM
Scott,

I was under the impression that the Eagle One Wheel Cleaner (first version black bottle) was acidic. I thought that this was changed with their new version A to Z. I did buy a bunch of the EO when Sears was getting rid of it. Now I`m afraid to use it.

imported_edschwab1
02-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Sears here is hoarding the EO stuff for their own use, the tire department manager told me this.

I find EF HI to work well for cleaning tires and wheels. I will see if I can find the pic of EF HI v Amazing roll off.

Where did you purchase the Auto Magic cleaner?

Eric

Scott P
02-19-2003, 09:06 AM
I haven`t purchased it yet. I just saw the product referenced on another forum I frequent.

The Sears I was reffering to was in Greece Ridge Mall.

Anthony O.
02-19-2003, 09:20 AM
Hello Scott,

I use the Auto Magic MAGnificent cleaner and am pleased with it as it does do a good job on wheels and also tires that are not too far gone. I consider it to be a moderate cleaner for those wheels and tires done on a weekly or even monthly maintenance plan.

For a tougher and yet very safe cleaning I use TOL`s Wheel Wash Cleaner http://www.topoftheline.com/topoflinwhee.html

The only word of caution with this product is it can`t be sprayed on aluminum wheels. It must be sponged on. You can also pour some in a shallow pan, dip your wheel cleaning brush into the pan and then apply it to the wheel, agitate and rinse.

For safety reasons on aluminum wheels I just clean them as best as I can and then whip out the drill, metal polish and have at it. Always charging extra for aluminum...remember that:xyxthumbs

Hope that helps

Anthony

imported_edschwab1
02-20-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Scott P

I haven`t purchased it yet. I just saw the product referenced on another forum I frequent.

The Sears I was reffering to was in Greece Ridge Mall.

Scott,

Here is the picture, it has been resized. The tire was sprayed, scrubed and hosed off. Left Amazing roll off; Right EF HI.

The EFHI turned brown before I even started to scrub. There is a little brown but a touch up with EFHI took care that by just spraying.

Which other forum did your hear about the Auto magic?

For wheel cleaner I like P21s or EFHI if the wheels need extra cleaning power.

Eric

Scott P
02-20-2003, 08:50 AM
I was told about it on the Grand Prix club forum. I have some EFHI on my shopping list for my spring CMA order. My Dad uses soem D-M Tire Cleaner he gets at Aratari. I like that stuff, but don`t know what is in it. For a wheel cleaner, I will have to ry the EFHI when I get moved into the house.

imported_edschwab1
02-25-2003, 04:09 AM
ScottP,

Send me a PM or an Email.

Eric

DETAILKING
02-25-2003, 09:28 AM
I have both Amazing roll off (use for the boat), and HI INT. To me they seem to be very similar, if not the same.

Thanks for the test pictures, i will have to do my own tests now to satisfy my curiosity.....

DK

Spilchy
02-25-2003, 11:10 AM
When I use the EFHI on my wheels, I dillute it to a 1:1 ratio with distilled water. This way, it lasts much longer and is milder on the wheels. Since I don`t allow a lot of brake dust to accumulate, it works great.

As a tip, I use EF Clear Pearl after I wash and dry the wheels. Got it on sale for $9 a bottle! (Used in between coats of Wheel Wax) For $9 a bottle it`s cheaper than using Klasse.

derek0606
12-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Trying not to start a new topic but I am also curious about this product and would like to know if someone has used this. My boss collects corvettes and loves detailing himself. When he got his last one, the calipers looked like brand new; no oxidation. Well while cleaning the wheels he found a drip mark (Night and day difference on the caliper) which told him they sprayed something really powerful on them. Knowing this he talked to some guys at Corvettes of Houston (he is a repeat customer) and they said this is what was used. Can anyone confirm that this actually works just that good before I place my order?

Junebug
12-28-2008, 10:05 AM
Derek, I have not had the chance to try it, but David Fermani told me it was good and that`s all I needed to add it to my "to get " list.

David Fermani
12-28-2008, 04:30 PM
I love Magnificent! Works like acid, but won`t do any damage.

derek0606
12-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Sounds to good to be true and for $18 a gallon; I am going to give this a shot. Thanks for the confirmation!