PDA

View Full Version : Show car vs. Concours car

TheChoice
02-18-2003, 03:49 AM
What is the difference between a show car and a concours car?

Richt
02-18-2003, 07:25 AM
Thats a hard one, honesty of the owner i guess to the cars usage. Ive seen some very bad concours cars and some very good show and shine cars.

Show cars get driven more i guess, alot not garaged and daily and even driven.

Concours cars are almost always garged, never driven in the wet, and i doubt ever a daily driver. The concours cars in our club have probably only done a 100 miles in 4 or 5 years.

In our club we have limited clasess.

Show and shine - standard or modified

Concours- Standard and modified classes

02-18-2003, 07:51 AM
I think the main difference is in the level of detail. A show car looks good, but to prepare a car to concours national level is another ballgame. Most big concours competitions, porsche, ferrari etc have split street, meister classes but you find cars that should be in a meister class in a street class as the owner thinks he has a better chance of lifting a cup! very naughty. At top level originality is king, although again ive seen straight out of bodyshop take the honours. When i used to judge i always awarded more points to a original car. Also rich if we had wind of a street car being trailered to an event, then out of the event they would go!

Richt
02-18-2003, 08:06 AM
Exactly, concours cars are often found in the show and shine class at are events. Thats what i mean when i say its down to the honesty of the owner into which class they enter.