PDA

View Full Version : any good comebacks??

Pages : [1] 2

karll
08-04-2004, 08:28 AM
i was just thinking, We`ve all heard the usual comments:

1/ hey! your gonna rub the paint right off that thing!! or

2/ hey! Gonna come over and do mine next??!!

whose got the best `come back` for these loser comments...we all know we`re mighty tired of hearing them. I want a few to put in my back pocket for the right person at the right time!

Big Leegr
08-04-2004, 08:36 AM
For #2: Did you make an appointment?

keeotee
08-04-2004, 09:03 AM
#1) "Hey! You`re going to rub the paint right off that thing"... I sure hope so. If this doesn`t work, I may just take a power sander to it.

#2) "Hey! Gonna come over and do mine next?"... Oh, I did it during the night. What do you think of my work?

If the approach you want to take is to make their comments backfire on them, then never give them what they want or expect. Always give them something that bewilders them!

NattyBumppo
08-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by karll

whose got the best `come back` for these loser comments...we all know we`re mighty tired of hearing them. I want a few to put in my back pocket for the right person at the right time!

1. Yea. I`m trying to make it look as good as that cream puff in your driveway.

2. No problem. Just leave the $250.00 in an envelope for me.

groebuck
08-04-2004, 10:53 PM
1. Technically I could not rub the paint off unless I used a more aggressive method, but I appreciate you looking out for me.

2. I`d be willing to barter a trade, perhaps you could cut and trim my lawn in exchange for me detailing your car.

membim
08-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Holy Crap!, Groebuck, That AWSOME!!!

The Chee
08-05-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by groebuck
1. Technically I could not rub the paint off unless I used a more aggressive method, but I appreciate you looking out for me.

2. I`d be willing to barter a trade, perhaps you could cut and trim my lawn in exchange for me detailing your car.

hahahahahaha , fantastikkkk ...you might even give him an asthma attack with those replies:lmfao

dr_detail
08-05-2004, 11:42 AM

2/ hey! Gonna come over and do mine next??!! 1/ been doing this for _________ years now and haven`t done that yet -- yours could be the first though :)

2/ Sure -- just leave me the keys :)

When I did the new car Auto Show circuit, I heard just about all of them -- from "can you make mine look like that" to "what kinda wax do you use" (some times I would say I don`t -- then spit on the towel and wipe the car) my all time favorite though was:

"Hey, you missed a spot" -- which I would look them squarely in the eye and hold out a towel as an offering.

Most rememberable though was at the Texas St Fair where I heard "Man you got a worthless job -- " so I turned around to see this inbred, corn fed, buck toofed, overall wearin, red neck MF (not the towel) with a greasy corn-dog in one hand and a beer in the other accompanied by his raggedy clothed trailer trash family and politely replied "They fly me across the country to do this, pal, and I clear 40G`s a year doin it... just what do you make?" His wife couldn`t stop laughin :lmfao

wifehatescar
08-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Most rememberable though was at the Texas St Fair where I heard "Man you got a worthless job -- " so I turned around to see this inbred, corn fed, buck toofed, overall wearin, red neck MF (not the towel) with a greasy corn-dog in one hand and a beer in the other accompanied by his raggedy clothed trailer trash family and politely replied "They fly me across the country to do this, pal, and I clear 40G`s a year doin it... just what do you make?" His wife couldn`t stop laughin :lmfao [/B]

Nice:lmfao

kimwallace
08-05-2004, 12:23 PM

Not to be a downer here but ...
Many times people don`t know how to start a conversation so they will say something that we view as stupid when all they are trying to do is show an interest in what we are doing.
In their opinion they might just be trying to "break the ice"
In the past I always tried to have a smart comeback for everything that was said to me ... I have realized over the years that my comebacks were hurting many well meaning people.
Just my opinion!

soog
08-05-2004, 12:32 PM
Re: any good comebacks??

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) I don`t think the car should hurt the paint on my polisher, but if it does, its still under warranty. I`ll just return it for a new one.

2) I would, but I`m not good enough to save that piece of junk. I`d just get a new car.

dr_detail
08-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by kimwallace
Many times people don`t know how to start a conversation so they will say something that we view as stupid when all they are trying to do is show an interest in what we are doing.
In their opinion they might just be trying to "break the ice" You`re right :)

sarcasm

\Sar"casm\, n. [F. sarcasme, L. sarcasmus, Gr. sarkasmo`s, from sarka`zein to tear flesh like dogs, to bite the lips in rage, to speak bitterly, to sneer, fr. sa`rx, sa`rkos, flesh.] A keen, reproachful expression; a satirical remark uttered with some degree of scorn or contempt; a taunt; a gibe; a cutting jest.

source: Webster`s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

keeotee
08-05-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by kimwallace
In their opinion they might just be trying to "break the ice"
In the past I always tried to have a smart comeback for everything that was said to me ... I have realized over the years that my comebacks were hurting many well meaning people.
Just my opinion!

Agreed. But probably most of us here would take it as an icebreaker and respond accordingly. I do. But given the chance in the thread like this, when it`s just us here goofing around, well, why not go for it! :)

But in real life, in the moment of truth, a kind answer is worth the effort. And you`re right. :)

karll
08-05-2004, 03:27 PM
the original post was for humour only....and i suggested that i would like a few clever, witty comebacks to have IN MY BACK POCKET FOR THE RIGHT PERSON!
I guess i didnt exactly mean any rude comebacks...just clever ones to lighten the mood or to further "break the ice" speakin of ice, chill out.

soog
08-05-2004, 04:23 PM
sorry... I`m at work and can`t handle the mind numbing work anymore... so I sat here thinking of these instead.

the misc humor:

1: No, you`re not paying me enough for that.
1: Yeah, its all the rave in Europe. Everyone is doing it.
1: I know, and I`m not gonna charge you any extra either. My gift to you.
1: I don`t tell you how to collect the garbage, don`t tell me how to detail.
2: Think of me as the Iron Chef. I only work with fillet mignion. I don`t do chicken strips.

the Dark humor:

1: put down your polisher, slump to the ground crying and screaming "I`M NEVER GOOD ENOUGH!"
1: Sorry my dog died, and its either take it out on you or take it out on your car.

the inappropriate, uncomfortable, sexual humor:

2: only if you do me first.
2: I don`t know, how big is the tail pipe?

the very cruel humor:

2: yeah, meet me back here in 3 hours. I have some stuff to do so I might be a little late. (fully intending never to show up)

maybe some universal come backs like...

1/2: Start singing "Genie in a Bottle" by Christina Aguilara at the top of your lungs while shaking your butt, acting like you dont hear them. An occasional singing into your polisher as a mic would be a nice touch.