PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten how much I loved this stuff...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Paintxpert
02-17-2003, 12:01 PM
Blitz wax!

Decided that, with my time off work, and my car in the garage, I may as well hit out the Blitz wax.

I`ve been layering Autoglym Extra Gloss these past weeks (3 layers) with excellent results (very shiny).

Applied the Blitz with a yellow Megs pad and it was easy on mostly, and pretty quick too.

Came to rub it off with an Elite MF tech cloth and it was dead easy :) Previously I found it very difficult, but I put this down to doing it in minus temps and applying it too thick (losing light didnt help either!).

Ok, it did dust a lot, but the results were fantastic! Such a nice golden glow to the paint now, and its quite slick and wet-looking. Reflections are also very nice as well, and even more shiny than before :xyxthumbs

Afterwards, I got another Elite cloth and went over the entire car with a spray bottle of water to get rid of the dust and any residue in the gaps (damn why do Honda have to make their shut-lines so tight ;) ). This only took me 20 mins, and was dead easy too.

I only seem to be using a small amount as well, which is good :D

And I can get this product in the UK :bow

I`m travelling a short distance to the sticks tomorrow and the weather is forecast as being very nice, so I`ll get some piccies with my trusty 35mm

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs:D

G Money
02-17-2003, 12:08 PM
I`ve always liked the look and durability of Blitz.

It DOES stain trim, though and is difficult to remove off that trim.

Paintxpert
02-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Straight after applying it, I go over all the trim with a damp cloth :up

Richt
02-17-2003, 12:25 PM
Used min on sat to. buffed of easily, must have been the weather! No real dusing problems, i guess it must show up on yours cos of the colour.

Paintxpert
02-17-2003, 01:05 PM
Yep Rich, and the fact that I was doing it in the garage with the sun shining inside, and no where for the dust to go (although I had the window open).

Superb stuff, I really do think it is good on reds :D

Re-Lax
02-17-2003, 01:41 PM
It makes my black car look great, but it attracts dust like a magnet. It has pretty good durability for a carnuba, too.

Lowejackson
02-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Blitz, great product. I have never had the problem with dust that others have complained of. Maybe the advantage of living in a damp country :)

Every now and than I go back to Autoglym Resin etc and am always supprised at how much I like them. I have some Zaino now, so when it gets warmer I will be able to do some comparisons. I have only used the shampoo - it is very good.

Steven

Paintxpert
02-17-2003, 03:06 PM
Excellent Steve, keep us informed :xyxthumbs

02-17-2003, 03:07 PM
nick, dont you find the extra gloss streaks? ive used it many a time under different conditions and it still streaks. im using super resin with a blitz topper right now. Outstanding results on BRG metallic. Super resin is a class product. I agree it makes reds come alive, used it on guards red paintwork when i had my porker.

Lowejackson
02-17-2003, 03:17 PM
Mark, I found the longer you leave it on the car the better, min 1 hour, 3 hours or longer (very thin application) way better.

Has anyone ever tried the technique of applying Gloss directly onto unbuffed Resin. It seems that you can get away without buffing the Resin off, but I have not tried it.

Steven

Paintxpert
02-17-2003, 03:19 PM
Yes, it definately streaks, most noticeably on large areas like the bonnet and roof. But using some QD or spray water with a MF afterwards alleviates this issue :xyxthumbs

Edit - as Steve said, the longer you leave it on, the better. Also, the warmer it is, the better too. I left it on for only 30 mins yesterday (was getting dark) and it was streaky, but the previous week I left it for 1.5 hours and it hardly streaked at all.

Havent tried that technique Steve, sounds useful :)

02-17-2003, 03:29 PM
guys, can you add a wax topper if you are using extra gloss? in my "old" days extra gloss was my last step, but now im blitz topping. Just wonder if the spirit based extra gloss interfers with the final wax coat? any thoughts?

Richt
02-17-2003, 04:21 PM
Not had any streaking probs always leave it an hour min, never use it if its damp out or looks like rain!!!! Made the mistake of trying to get it off when it rain stops touched it ouch!

Super resin, extra gloss and topped with wax is working just fine for me.

Paintxpert
02-17-2003, 04:47 PM
Mark, I`m having great results topping the Extra Gloss sealant with carnauba wax :xyxthumbs

02-17-2003, 04:58 PM
bugger, thats more stuff i gotta buy! this site is costing me big time! even my wife calls my by a new nickname now . . . "Swissol"

lol