PDA

View Full Version : Lexol Leather Cleaner

Iconoclast
02-17-2003, 09:44 AM
I may have found a good price ($18.80/3L) for Lexol Cleaner at the National Bridle Shop (http://www.nationalbridle.com/ProdDetail.asp?Catalog_ID=1088). Anyone know if this is the same as the Lexol from CMA? It is a horse supply site and it looks slightly fly-by-night but compared to $27(3L) from CMA would be a good deal. I have been trying to find is locally at Walmart/Kmart etc with no luck. I also like pinnacle but I believe that is more expensive and only available on the net.

CharlesW
02-17-2003, 09:55 AM
Check for a local farm supply store or a tack shop in your area. Many of them carry Lexol products for the horsemen (and women). Some shoe repair shops and leather stores will have it, as well.

Charles

Jngrbrdman
02-17-2003, 09:56 AM
Its probably the same stuff. That is a pretty good deal if it is. You can get Lexol at auto part stores but Pinnacle is only going to be available online. You might try Zaino or Platinum leather products too. I hear that Zaino`s is really good and I love Platinums. It has that leathery smell like Pinnacle. Very nice.

Lexol seems to fit right in with horse supplies considering that it smells like a wet horse. :p

imported_Aurora40
02-17-2003, 01:26 PM
I think Lexol is pretty big in the equestrian world too. I`m sure it`s the same stuff. Lexol isn`t a CMA or auto detailing only thing.

C. Charles Hahn
02-17-2003, 01:31 PM
yup its the same stuff.... I`ve seen it at farm supply stores locally before as well...

interestingly enough I found a source for gallons of 303 locally too... $34.99 as compaired to $59.95 from CMA. Its actually a pool and spa dealer, I guess it works well for conditioning the plastic spas from what the guy said. :cool:

Iconoclast
02-17-2003, 03:13 PM
Thanks for your replies. I actually contacted Summit Industries (http://www.summitinds.com/) and they confirmed that there is only one formula. You can buy it from them directly for $30/3L or $75 for a case of 3/3L bottles which includes shipping (800-241-6996). It was still cheaper on the other site (for one) so I bought it there.