PDA

View Full Version : Lanka

Marty
02-16-2003, 10:02 AM
Has anyone used Langka for stone chip repairs?

What did you think?

What are Pros and Cons of using Langka.

I did a search but did not get much information

I am just very hesitant in using sanding paper to even out the touched up area. :scared

http://www.langka.com

huangdong28
02-16-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Marty

Has anyone used Lanka for stone chip repairs?

What did you think?

What are Pros and Cons of using Lanka.

I did a search but did not get much information

I am just very hesitant in using sanding paper to even out the touched up area. :scared

http://www.langka.com

I started to answer you, but then noticed you spelled it wrong.

Try searching for "langka" (you can also look over at

www.prowleronline.com.

where we have discussed it quite a bit).

Yes, I have used it. It`s reported to be the same as Mothers (which is more readily available, their bottle states something like "based on Langka technology).

I need to use 2 or 3 applications on Prowler Yellow, which is a rather translucent color. It`s not perfect, but far better than blobs or any other alternative I have tried. On some colors you can get away without the clearcoat, on some you can`t (and you can try mixing clear in with the color - some people get away with one application that way). A lot depends on your color.

Good luck. Suggest you try it.

Marty
02-16-2003, 10:35 AM
Prowler

Thanks for the info!

I have fixed the spelling mistakes:D

Brad B
02-16-2003, 11:22 AM
Personally, I suggest you try better touchup methods before shelling out $$ for Langka. I was very disappointed in the product. :down

Mmmph
02-16-2003, 12:24 PM
While Langka is no substitute for respraying, it`s a great, inexpensive alternative. The beauty of Langka is that if you make a mistake, you`ve erased your mistake as you made it. Just reapply the touch-up paint and try again.

My experience is with Toyota/Lexus Black Onyx paint and I recommend it highly.

I just bought a used RMM grille for my RX 300, painted. It had 6 paint chips from normal usage. As soon as I unwrapped the grille from it`s shipping box, I touched up the paint chips, waited 2 hours and applied Langka as instructed. Beautiful! Unless you look very closely, in the right light, you can`t see the repairs.

I`ve also used it on the dozen (approx) paint chips I`ve picked up from daily driving. Langka really makes a difference in the appearance of the blobs of touch-up paint that are present without it.

Good luck.

BoxsterCharlie
02-20-2003, 07:43 PM
It worked pretty well for me, except the red touch-up marks were noticeable darker than the rest of the paint. However, you have to be looking directly at them from less than a foot away to discern this. I can`t even find mine anymore. No regrets at all.

The directions did mention mixing 50% clear with the color to get the proper shade. I`ll do that with the next season`s round of chips.

I would be interested in learning more about how the pros do it, though. Larry Reynolds` article on carcareonline.com makes it sound pretty intimidating.