PDA

View Full Version : Jt international towels

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Intel486
02-15-2003, 06:19 PM
I just got an email with a price list from JT. I`m going to want to try some of these out.

What size waffle Weave towel have you tried? I`m think about the 28x54 but that seems pretty big. Is it hard to handle at all because of its size?

Also, plushness and quality wise how big of a difference between the Micro-touch and the Ultrafine towels?

jerryb540
02-15-2003, 06:25 PM
Can`t go wrong with JT towels. I have them exclusively and Tom is great with customer service. I use the middle size (can`t remember dimensions) less likely to drag on the ground.

Pats300zx
02-15-2003, 06:43 PM
I have some of the JT MF`s and the waffle weave towels. The JT towels are very good. The waffle weave that I have is one of the smaller ones. It does work pretty well. However, I seem to get better results from the Pakshak 24 x 24 MF for some reason. It seems to absorb water alittle better.

bandit
02-15-2003, 06:59 PM
DO you have the e-mail address for JT International?

imported_Intel486
02-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Sprongs

DO you have the e-mail address for JT International?

jtintern@hotmail.com

Pats300zx,

Is the Pakshak towel you like a waffle weave or terry mf towel?

bandit
02-15-2003, 07:05 PM
Thanks, I have ordered in the past but it`s now time to pick up a few more towels.

iceman
02-15-2003, 07:38 PM
I have the 24x46 waffleweave and I think that is the biggest that I could handle without it being to unwieldly.

I just went to feel/compare the two towels. The Ultrafines are smaller (15x15 instead of 16x16) but are significantly plusher/thicker by about 30-40% than the Microtouch and seem to be identical initially in softness. However, after washing, the Microtouch ones are slightly softer, IMO by about 10%. Tom Gong himself has observed this.

Among the Microtouch ones, the mint green ones are plusher than the other colours but they have sewn on tag whereas the other colours have peel off tag. The Ultrafines have sewn on tag. I found the peel off tags to be a bit difficult to remove all the glue residue and I wrecked a couple towels cutting off the sewn tags til I got enough practice doing it.

The darker colours like navy blue, burgundy, and dark green bleed colours a bit on initial washing.

NattyBumppo
02-15-2003, 07:42 PM
Hiya Intel. I have allot of JT Towels, including the waffle weaves and yes, I do think the 28x54 is too big....it`s a bear to keep from dragging. I would go with the next size down.

As for Microtouch vs. Ultrafine, I feel the Microtouch are better. They feel softer to me although the Ultrafine may be a tad deeper knap. But, that`s a big maybe. The light blue Microtouch are my favs.

I was planning on ordering some mfs from Microfiber tech rto compare to JT.

Natty

imported_Intel486
02-15-2003, 07:55 PM
I`ll probably order then the smaller waffle weave and one Micro-touch and one Ultrafine to see which I like better.

Have any of you tried them on glass yet? How bad to they streak?

imported_chewy
02-15-2003, 08:22 PM
I`ve purchased a few of Tom`s 24x24" waffleweaves and I really like them. Some may consider these too small, but I think that they are easier to work with. I use one to do all my glass and then use the same towel to get the majority of the water off the panels. I use a second one to dry the car completely.

I must agree with the other comments that Tom has been great to work with and as such, I have always gone back to him for MF towels.

Oh, I must correct that...I did buy five MF towels from Walmart today. These I will use for door jams, wheels, etc. I only use Tom`s towels to remove wax and polish.

GP Infinity
02-15-2003, 08:37 PM
I have bought MF towels from Griots and Tom (JTInt).. his are comparable in quality without the price.. I use the 28x54 because I have a hard tonneau on the L and a lot of territory to cover, so I need all the towel I can get.. I will generally fold it in half if I think I will drag it on the ground..

in regard to windows, I have found Toms product to do very well. I have tried the velour ones and they dont absorb quite as well as the others but have a much better polishing action to them. So if the windows arent particulary dirty and I am using Stoners on them then I like to use the velours over the other textures..

Ask Tom if he ever got any of the purple waffleweaves in?? I bought a bunch of the purple 16x16 odds for $1.50 ea.. oh by the way, even my parents bought some from him and thought he gave the best customer service they have received in quite some time..

Good Luck

Dana

p.s. Man, you ought to see my new mods.. :shocked

F1Crazy
02-15-2003, 08:38 PM
Intel,

I got 2 sizes of waffleweave towels 24X46" and the small 16X24". The 24X46" one is probably the biggest towel I can comfortably handle. I experiment using smaller towel for windows per Tom`s recommendation but it still leaves tiny trail of lint in the corners. I think it`ll go away after few washes.

The tip for painless removal of peel off tags is to do it slowly, you can`t just rip it off.

Both waffleweave and microtouch are great quality towels.:up :up

One more thing... wash the towels before first use, especially darker colors (separately of course).

HellrotCi
02-15-2003, 08:53 PM
I`ve been using the 54x28 towels since last Summer and I think they`re just the right size. As a matter of fact, I bought 10 more to use in my new business. I also bought 60 MFs and 1 of the Ultras from Tom. The Ultrafine is really, really nice. Even though it`s listed as being 15x15, when I layed it over one of the Micro-touch 16x16, they were almost the same size. I mean mine was so close, I`d never know the difference. I wished Tom carried the Ultrafine in multiple colors since I like to use different colors for different tasks. If I had known how nice the Ultrafine towels were, I would have bought 20 of those to replace 20 of the Micro-touches in my order.

tkr128
02-15-2003, 10:27 PM
I`ve been using the 16x36 Waffleweave MF towel from Tom for a while and love it. It is big enough to dry a midsize car.

I`ve only used the Microtouch towels and find them great also. They work really well on the windows. I go over my windows with a dry MF towel after i dry them and have not seen streaks. They lint a little though. The tags on the ones I had were pretty easy to remove. :xyxthumbs

NattyBumppo
02-15-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by tkr128

I go over my windows with a dry MF towel after i dry them and have not seen streaks. They lint a little though. The tags on the ones I had were pretty easy to remove. :xyxthumbs

Same results here. No streaking problem at all but newer towels do lint a little on glass.....very little. After the second wash the linting will go away completely.

HellrotCI....you feel the Ultrafine is that much better than the Microtouch? Funny how people see things differently. I still feel the mint green Microtouch are the softest with the light blue Microtouch a close second. I`ve actually assigned the Ultrafine towels to interior cleaning and dressing only because I think the Microtouch ones are better suited to buffing off polish/wax and QD`ing. Which color Microtouch did you get?

Natty