PDA

View Full Version : ClearKote Rubber, Vinyl, Plastic dressing

jerryb540
02-15-2003, 06:15 PM
I ordered some products from Mr. Glass @ Clearkote and they arrived this week. Mixed up my Quikshine, and it`s use was better than advertised and reviewed here. No streaking, crystal clear shine over S100. What REALLY impressed me though, is the rubber and vinyl dressing. I have never found a product that gave me what I was looking for on my Saab black vinyl trim; always looked rather dull and dry and there is a LOT of black vinyl trim. I had thought perhaps that "european" plastic was somehow different in composition beecause nothing I tried worked really well.

Just got through using the ClearKote product; it is an EXCELLENT dressing. I was simpy amazed. You can actually watch it absorb into the trim very evenly; no blotches. It leaves a gorgeous satin finish and no obnoxious smell. This is an excellent, excellent product. Not sure of longevity yet, but very little product is needed to get great results so I am not concerned about applying weekly.

This is a great dressing, HIGHLY recommended:xyxthumbs

Scottwax
02-15-2003, 08:49 PM
:xyxthumbs Good review...concise and to the point!

I like the rubber/vinyl dressing also, but it`s a little pricey to use in my business on a regular basis. I do use it now on my high end customer`s cars because it leaves a rich black look on the tires.

SergC
02-17-2003, 12:43 AM
Every product Clearkote makes is top quality,

Thanks to Scottwax for the introduction:xyxthumbs

Serg Conon

Escape Artist
02-17-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by saab 9-5

Not sure of longevity yet, but very little product is needed to get great results so I am not concerned about applying weekly.

Can anybody (maybe Scottwax) comment on the longevity of the Vinyl, Plastic dressing?

Scottwax
02-17-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by mprogers

Can anybody (maybe Scottwax) comment on the longevity of the Vinyl, Plastic dressing?

On weekly customer`s cars, the tires look pretty good after a week. Since I redress them each week, I don`t know how much longer it lasts.